Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Anyone help a Newbie out? 5 years 9 months ago #187296

After getting my '97 MGF Cambelt repaired by the superb MG Rover Solutions, my engine is now purring along nicely after a 2 year break... or at least it was, until I went to recharge the newly added battery and found I couldn't get the bonnet open:(

My brother and I tried the bonnet bouncing trick, to no avail (despite repeated attempts), and even with mole grips on the cable instead of the plastic lever, no luck on releasing the bonnet.

I realise that sharing details of getting into the bonnet on a public forum is not a great idea, but if anyone could help out via PM I am more than willing to provide proof of ownership etc, just want to get "Dippy" back on the road (as he's been affectionately known for many years now)

Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone help a Newbie out? 5 years 9 months ago #187298

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I'm sorry but I don't know the 'trick' but there will be someone on here who will be able to tell you - probably via Private Message
Robin ;)

Anyone help a Newbie out? 5 years 9 months ago #187299

Thanks Robin:) Hope so too. Look forward to joining in more once I am up and running again!

Dippy has been to the Le Mans Classic 3 times and was the one car that gave the least problems out of all the various motors that accompanied him! He's just had a bit of downtime in the last 2 years... but just brakes and MOT to do (once we're back in the bonnet) and he'll be back in action

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT