Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF Soft Ride Kit 5 years 10 months ago #186491

Love my TF, warts and all but considering the dire state of some of the roads local to me I've been thinking of getting a soft ride kit for the old girl. The harsh ride is threatening to shake my teeth out and I'm sure SWMBO would prefer something a little easier on the beeehind!!!

The only soft ride kit I'm aware of is the Bilstein one (I think that's what it is anyway) Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, would the new setup affect ride height and/or handling much?

Just something I'm considering at the moment 'cos I've just spent a boat load on some aesthetic work on her.

Any advice or first hand experiences would be most helpful....Thanks all!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF Soft Ride Kit 5 years 10 months ago #186494

Hi
I have fitted the Bilstein kit of four shocks on standard springs,with sport pack 2 (16 inch alloys and std springs),it does not affect the ride height that I have noticed.The set up is as recommended by Bilstein giving the most ground clearance.
It is still a very firm ride,but much more controlled,when you do hit a pot hole,you do still feel it,but are not launched towards the nearest hedge!
The wife will now travel in the car,where as before she said it was too uncomfortable !
The handling is great with these shocks,but to be honest I would prefer the ride to be a little softer.
You do have the option of the original MG soft ride kit as fitted to 2005 my onwards ,these are available from many sources including Rimmer's.This will also save you a couple of hundred pounds.
I keep looking for a used set of later soft rides springs, as I would like to try them with the Bilstein shocks as I think that it may be the perfect compromise. (anyone got a set for sale ? )
Hope this helps ,I know it is difficult choice,especially with the heavy costs involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daleswalker

TF Soft Ride Kit 5 years 10 months ago #186502

i have a set of soft springs, was going to fit them but havent got the bottle to do it, want £60 plus postage for the 4 with new lower bolts included,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

TF Soft Ride Kit 5 years 10 months ago #186515

Hi VX,

Thanks for the reply, had a quick look on Rimmers Bros website, they do supply the factory fitted soft ride kits so that's a definite option. at a little over £430 for the set it's not quite as bad as I thought. They're out of stock at the moment (which is just as well considering what I've spent on her recently!!!) but I'll keep an eye out for a replen.

Thanks again!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT