Topic

Radiator fan driving me nuts! 5 years 11 months ago #186015

Does your car have aircon?

Sundance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Radiator fan driving me nuts! 5 years 11 months ago #186017

Thanks for the info guys.

Nope, no aircon.

Yeah a resistance or bad connection is my thought, especially as I often get the fan starting a short while after commencing driving, BUT not when idling like when I tested the newest sensor. I’m thinking engine movement may cause wires or connector to move.

In my head this is backed up with how the fan operated perfectly when run up from idle with the new sensor and then as soon as I drove off, wouldn’t switch off.

I did actually wiggle the wires directly behind the sensor plug whilst it was idling and no change.

Last edit: Post by Dcollins26.

Radiator fan driving me nuts! 5 years 11 months ago #186018

Sadly I am starting to lose the will and to be bothered with it as it was just supposed to be a bit of fun for a year or 2 and I’ve spent so much time taking that bloody panel out it’s unreal

Radiator fan driving me nuts! 5 years 11 months ago #186022

Erm.... Just a thought... There are two different versions of the sensor.. https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID018941

They do have different resistance profiles. Are you sure the correct one is fitted?

Radiator fan driving me nuts! 5 years 11 months ago #186035

Erm.... Just a thought... There are two different versions of the sensor.. https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID018941

They do have different resistance profiles. Are you sure the correct one is fitted?

I have a 2001 mems 2 VVC F.

I changed the brown CTS which was relatively new itself

Brown is correct for MEMS 2.0J

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Radiator fan driving me nuts! 5 years 11 months ago #186037

Yup... Just a thought. One more possibility ticked off. I feel it's really time to fire up pscan and look at what the ECU is seeing. If the numbers are way off or jump about then we have a bit more to go on

Radiator fan driving me nuts! 5 years 11 months ago #186070

Yup... Just a thought. One more possibility ticked off. I feel it's really time to fire up pscan and look at what the ECU is seeing. If the numbers are way off or jump about then we have a bit more to go on

Yes I’d like to plug in, so if anyone in the Southeast has a Pscan or is going to MG Live on Saturday that has one?

I’m happy to provide beer tokens

Radiator fan driving me nuts! 5 years 11 months ago #186071

I've not seen any feedback, but there is this guy who advertised on eBay who does a full T4 report apparently

MG TF, MGF, Full T4 MG ROVER Fault Diagnostics service
Buy It Now

Time to create page: 0.942 seconds