Sign In   Register

Topic

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183367

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

1993 in an old Hillman Imp cracking little motor, still miss it to this day

Loved the Imp! Never owned one but one of my apprentice mates had one, another had the variant Singer Chamois. Suffered from hgf iirc. All alloy Coventry Climax derivative engine.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183369

Yes there's a guy down the road that's had a imp for 35 years or more....they did a sporty one..called...??? Stiletto or is that a woman's shoe...the sporty imp with the twin headlights above.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183370

I used to own one of these that had been demobbed - even managed to get it through the German 'tough' test (TueV). Mine had an overdrive fitted (yes, 4 'gear' levers) - brilliant vehicle except on the road! Edit! Has replied to Sundance with the Air Portable Land-Rover....not sure why it appears here???
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Last edit: Post by Blow-in.

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183371

My first car was a Mk1 Imp
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183372

I passed my test (eventually) in my dad's 1965 Cortina Mk1. Quite easy to drive (which is part of the reason they sold so well) and a 'big' car in those days.

These are from the Tain show in 2013 - the Cortina had been driven-up from the Lake District and still won its class.

Attachments:

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183378

Nice to see the Air portable name checked.

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183379

Started on Lambrettas, with a Li 150, finally passing my test on a GT200 (Reg: 211 AJN...where is it now).

On four wheels it was in the Air Farce with a Landy and a three tonner, while pretending to be an Aircraft Engineer and then on real roads in a Mini.

Good thread Mike, see you soon no doubt.

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183380

1977 @ Colchester in one of these. :)

Me too at St Athens in 1985

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183383

Car test was a Metro in 1983. Bike test was on a Honda CG125. Utterly crap but reliable. LGV test in a Scania fire appliance. Last month! Utterly brilliant!

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183384

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Golf II. How boring compared to all the other cars here.
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183385

3ltr Rover P5, power everything but no seat belts. I threw the tester into the foot well when I did an emergency stop as a kid ran in front of me; he didn't ask me to do the official one.

What did you pass your test in? 6 years 3 months ago #183386

My Mothers 1961 Triumph Herald 1200, I passed my test 1st time exactly 30 days after my 17th birthday.

During the test we were driving down a side road passing a HGV lorry trailer and I noticed several sets of dog legs running the other side of the trailer so I hit the brakes hard, unfortunately the tester wasn't expecting my crash stop and he bumped his head on the sun visor just as the pack of dogs ran out into the road!!

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT