Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #10030

Hi to all on the forum.

We're based in East Sussex and we need a new garage for 'Ruby'.....we have been stuck with an MG garage in Eastbourne, but for the last couple of years the quality of work has been slightly lacking to say the least. 'Ruby' was in an accident 9 months ago and the repairs were done by this garage. We have had to revisit the garage 4 times to get work re-corrected.
So it's time for a change, any suggestions?

Lynne:
:mad::mad:

As Kara is from the region, I'm sure that she'll have some recommendations when she gets back on the forum:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #11054

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Austin Garages near Burton on Trent do excellent work and will give good advice on any problem etc.
Unit 22
Callingwood Hall Farm Buildings
Callingwood
Tatenhill
Burton on Trent
Staffordshire
DE13 9SH
01283 528181

I've heard them recomended elsewhere as well :)

The problem with a lot of sites with pages listing garages and recomendations I've found, especailly after trying to find somewhere halfway decent near me last week, is that they tend to go out of date and even though buusinesses have closed or changed hands they are still listed. The places local to me listed on the http://www.mgcars.org.uk/ site for example are all gone, one hasn't been trading for nearly ten years now.

So while its great to have a list as a starting point, threads where people ask 'can anyone recomend a garage' are also very usefull

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #11070

Hi to all on the forum.

We're based in East Sussex and we need a new garage for 'Ruby'.....we have been stuck with an MG garage in Eastbourne, but for the last couple of years the quality of work has been slightly lacking to say the least. 'Ruby' was in an accident 9 months ago and the repairs were done by this garage. We have had to revisit the garage 4 times to get work re-corrected.

Lynne:

Where abouts in East Sussex?

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #11075

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Hi to all on the forum.

Lynne:

Hi Lynne! I hope you and Steve are well aside from the garage problems.

I know the garage you are talking about and have to say I'm not a fan either. Do you specifically want an MG garage? If so then I believe it was Stamford who recommended these guys: http://www.mgr-service.com/ there's also these guys who are apparently ex-rover mechanics: http://www.tridentgarages.co.uk/pageloader.pl?page=home_branches_weybridge

I know a couple of non-MG garages that are good but it depends what you're after. :)

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #11082

Russell is based in Sevenoaks - not too far away (and he's mobile) - this thread shows good feedback on his work. I plan to use him come service time.

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #11138

• Visitor
  • Visitor
We are after a garage that is familiar with MGFs, can handle work like installation of lowering knuckles, or oiling the air induction kit, resetting the boot lid so that it sits properly or even simply carrying out a service.

So either an MG Garage or an MG expert will do, Willing to travel around the southeast to get the work done.

Thanks in advance!

Lynne

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #11139

We are after a garage that is familiar with MGFs, can handle work like installation of lowering knuckles, or oiling the air induction kit, resetting the boot lid so that it sits properly or even simply carrying out a service.

So either an MG Garage or an MG expert will do, Willing to travel around the southeast to get the work done.

Thanks in advance!

Lynne

Hi guys, hope your both well.

Might be worth pm'ing Richardlake on here he uses a guy in Hailsham and has had quite bit of work done recently on his TF and ZR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Silver Fox

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #11143

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I managed to find a company called Fixadent, they say they fix the dents without the expense.

I think they do false teeth as well. :)

Lion Garages in Bedlington, Northumberland are pretty good and are the local xpart dealer too.

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #11147

The people who do the work on my F are
Brian, Lewis or Ben at
Link Automotive
3A Thornton Cres
Mitcham, Vic 3132.
They service and also prepare F/TF's for racing.

Garage reviews 14 years 2 months ago #11186

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
This section is coming along well! Thank you to everyone who has contributed! If anyone would like to help and add review any more garages then please do so asap as I will be putting this into the feedback section this weekend. :yesnod:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT