Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Air boxes 7 years 1 month ago #176789

Firstly sorry. Im sure this has been covered a milion times but i cant get the search function working very well on my work PC.

Am i right in assuming that the air boxes on the TF are the same regardless of model?
Im wanting to put a K&N panel filter in my 1.8 135 and i dont want to buy the wrong one. but does 1 fit all?

Thanks in advance
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Air boxes 7 years 1 month ago #176795

One size does not fit all.

I'm pretty sure the 135 uses the larger air box.Most of the older F's and the 115 TF's use a smaller air box

Just pm the seller before you buy,then if you do manage to get the wrong one it wont be your fault.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danatron

Air boxes 7 years 1 month ago #176801

Thanks bob very much appreciated
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Air boxes 7 years 1 month ago #176805

The air box changed at engine number YD522572, which is sometime during model year 2000Y, so your TF should be the later type. I think there was only one kind after that number.

However, I don't think that K&N do a panel filter for that air box (I could be wrong - often am) but Pipercross do. I've got one of those and they do seem to make a bit of a difference. Nothing startling, just smoother running.
Robin ;)

Air boxes 7 years 1 month ago #176809

Thanks Robin,
Thats exactly what i am after just something smoother possibly a little better than the paper filters that come as standard. not interested in induction kits or power so ill look into pipercross thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT