Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bonnet release not working after radiator replacem 7 years 10 months ago #170351

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with how to release the bonnet without the cable attached? I carried out a radiator replacement this weekend and, after a successful morning of spannering, I triumphantly shut the bonnet. However, I then found quite quickly that the release handle in the boot wasn't doing anything....

I can see through the grill that the cable outer has slipped out of it's holder on the latch assembly. I had put this in before I refitted the radiator cover (I can remember doing it honest!) but somewhere along the line, it had popped out again.

From forum digging, it seems there may be a method to getting the bonnet open again. I've tried what I thought may do the trick, but the car has aircon meaning there's a radiator for this is very much in the way!

Anyway, I guess any trick shouldn't be openly discussed on a forum, but if someone immensely clever could private message me, that'd be great. Happy to identify myself as the owner if required.

Cheers,

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bonnet release not working after radiator replacem 7 years 10 months ago #170352

Not to worry - sussed it out now! All sorted and I'll take the secret to the grave! :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT