Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

prospective owner 7 years 9 months ago #170129

Hi all new member here who has finally taken the first steps to mgtf ownership. Spent the weekend looking at cars for sale and did over 250miles to view what owners swore were beautiful cars only to arrive and see that an age related mark is actually a rust hole that I could insert my fist into and a smal repairedl hole in roof was actally a slash from side to side measuring over 2 feet! Are there any half decent cars out there in Scotland , N England around the 1500 tops mark? Cars tried had very heavy clutch pedals and poorbrakes ( just mot, d) is this normal? Thanks for any replies in advance, ross

Please Log in to join the conversation.

prospective owner 7 years 9 months ago #170143

Hi Kaspian
Keep searching and the right one will turn up. As for the faults most can be sorted fairly easily as a heavy clutch pedal could be the release arm just in need of some lubrication. If you goggle search any problems you generally find an answer on how to sort them out. You can also use the great how to's on this forum.

When I started looking for my car I did see a lot of crap for a lot of money. Just keep your chin up and look for the best car for you.

Oh and :welcome: to the forum.

:beer: :beer: Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

prospective owner 7 years 9 months ago #170144

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Look at loads, one will be there.
The best ones come from forum or club members.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

prospective owner 7 years 9 months ago #170149

:welcome:

prospective owner 7 years 9 months ago #170185

Don't forget to check service history, a full history is better than what appears to be low mileage.

prospective owner 7 years 9 months ago #170199

Don't give up, you just have to wait to find a decent one. Buying any car of this age would be the same.

Personally I would go for the lowest mileage possible backed up with mot history. I have always serviced my cars myself yet have seen them later advertised with service history... I guess its easy to make stamps or make fake invoices nowadays!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT