Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Not what I expecting to find 8 years 10 months ago #160350

Took the side panel off to remove the BCM and find it wrapped in cardboard and bodge tape. I wondered why the cover was in the boot. what sort of an idiot would do that if you have the correct parts. I believe it was a garage too as the drivers window wasn't working when I got the car, and that relay has already been changed. So new wiper relay fitted thanks to Technozen courtesy of EBay, easy job to do. Taken less than 10 mins for the whole job, the garage quoted me £366 just for a new BCM without labour. I've done it all for £5.49

Now back as it should be and ready to go back in the car

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Not what I expecting to find 8 years 10 months ago #160352

At least the tape was colour coded.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Not what I expecting to find 8 years 10 months ago #160354

On reflection I think this was done because One of the Torx bolt on one side of the clamp was difficult to get undone. I had to bend the bracket and use a set of mole grips to get it to budge, but still not too difficult for an engineer who has some pride in their work.

Not what I expecting to find 8 years 9 months ago #160368

..................but still not too difficult for an engineer who has some pride in their work.

I know what you mean, it drives my wife nuts, I am not an engineer by training or profesion but my father was heavly involved in gas engineering safety at international level at the time of natural gas introduction (he ws on the commitee who decided how to make it smell) and my mothers father was in charge of bomb disposal in Westminster durring the war.

This has rubbed off and I get really stressed if something I do isn't perfect.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Not what I expecting to find 8 years 9 months ago #160408

I'm bomb disposal now, after the war and never in such prestigious places like Westminster.

Re:Not what I expecting to find 8 years 9 months ago #160419

Excuse my ignorance but what is a BCM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not what I expecting to find 8 years 9 months ago #160423

I'm bomb disposal now, after the war and never in such prestigious places like Westminster.

Much respect, at least the bombs the Germans lobbed at us were resonably uniform in design, IEDs will all be different.

Re:Not what I expecting to find 8 years 9 months ago #160424

Excuse my ignorance but what is a BCM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Body Control Module - bos of electronics to control the electric opperations of the body of the car.

Re:Not what I expecting to find 8 years 9 months ago #160453

MG Rover called it a BCU or SCU - Body Control Unit or Security Control Unit - They have special security Torx bolts to secure them to the fixing bracket. good letter/reply in this months edition of MG Enthusiast (page 77) about this troublesome unit. Technozen to the rescue. :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT