Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Help Needed - possible fuel pump problems? 9 years 4 weeks ago #157943

Hi all, having just paid for some garage labour to diagnose my problems to no avail following an MOT failure (that's sorted now..) I would appreciate your help with my poorly TF 135 (mapped by Z&F). Here are the symptoms:

- 'half' a misfire when cold - not a full misfire but it isn't running smooth when cold and will result in a flashing engine management light
- Once up to temp / given revs absolutely fine and is smooth accelerating - light disappears
- Starts fine and audible fuel pump prime noise when starting from cold
- when warm really struggles to start and no pump prime noise
- At any temp if I give it the beams it will be followed by a whiff of petrol
- black stains under exhaust pipes
- Codes P0300 and P0313

From a process of elimination I know it isn't coils, plugs, leads, injectors. The garage fetched up with two possibilities 1) faulty ECU 2) sticky valve. But I suspect it could be fuel pump/sender related given that I can't hear it prime/it's reluctant to start when warm? Would that be the next thing to look at? I have seen the how-to and it looks like a simple change.?

Any idea folks? Its been running less than smooth for a while and I really could do with a fix as I am starting to not enjoy the car anymore after this 11 year relationship !. Note that it had the slight 'misfire/lumpy running' when it was mapped and Mark of Z&F couldn't see anything electronically wrong.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT