Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Fog light installation and wiring guide. 8 years 2 months ago #164712

Hey Bob I have to say Thanks very much for this how to which I executed perfectly today on my 135 MG TF

Nice one Lennoxb, it's always nice for the O/P to get feed back.

And welcome to the forum.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fog light installation and wiring guide. 8 years 2 months ago #164713

Nice how to Bob

Just a couple of thoughts on wiring colours - traditionally red is live, brown is fused live and yellow is ignition live (or SRS), black or black/trace is earth.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Fog light installation and wiring guide. 8 years 2 months ago #164723

Hey Bob I have to say Thanks very much for this how to which I executed perfectly today on my 135 MG TF

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Fog light installation and wiring guide. 8 years 2 months ago #164737

• Bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

Glad it helped you out :broon:

Thanks James for the info on the wiring colours. :broon: I should probably have used matching colours to the original loom to simplify things but I just used what I had to hand at the time.

Fog light installation and wiring guide. 6 years 3 months ago #182554

Hi, I have just finished the wiring of my front fog lamps, and have followed your excellent How-To. Everything works perfectly, many thanks! The wiring diagram was especially helpful, and the switch pin guide was great, given that my car has no loom, so no green connector. I used "bootlace" pins, which slid easily over the switch pins, one at a time. If I can get hold of a connector in the future, I will change it out, but works for now.
I broke into the LH sidelight wire (as diagram), used it with a spur for pins 1 and 2. Pin 5 (earth) was taken to the radio earth, not the window. It does mean if the radio earth fails then the fog lights do to, but it seemed an easier wiring for my car.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT