Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Induction 9 years 3 months ago #155993

So, exhaust now sounds proper sporty, but I've been told that changing the air filter/induction can add a bit more sporty noise.. what's the best option?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Induction 9 years 3 months ago #155994

Hi,
look at my posting on changing throttle body from 48mm - 58mm I am really pleased vast difference in performance.
Tommy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

Induction 9 years 3 months ago #155995

So, exhaust now sounds proper sporty, but I've been told that changing the air filter/induction can add a bit more sporty noise.. what's the best option?

The best options are not cheap all around the £150-£300 mark new. These are proper performance cold air induction kits which reduce heat soak from the engine bay. The used to be one of "The" options:-

K&N 57i induction ........................................ but as you see it's an open cone filter and soaks in the engines bays heat which reduces the power as the air being drwn into the engine is hot and cool air works much better.

The enclosed cold air feed ones that I have seen good reports on are:-

Pipercross Viper
ITG Maxogen
Vader ................ not sure of make but available from Mike Satur

There are a few others that i am not familiar with as well.

You can see the two alloy tubes that are supposed to feed cool air up around the filter but I doubt they actaully make any difference at all.

So I am going to be fitting a used enclosed filter to replace this K&N one. Just have to knock up a support for the filter body and get the induction tubing and plumb it in. The rub is that I want to make up a funnel to fit into the N/S intake so that only out side air will be drawn into the filter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT