Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

PCV 9 years 3 months ago #154821

I am wondering how the CRANK CASE of my MGTF 135 is vented. In the workshop manual to rebuild the Rover K-engine, is mentioned there is a positive crank case ventilation system, but there is no further information. I couldn't find any information elsewhere either. Has someone information about this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

PCV 9 years 3 months ago #154823

There should be a little black post on the top of the box which is the vent.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

PCV 9 years 3 months ago #154825

Thank you for your answer. I did once more a search in the workshop manual and found a extremely short description. There are two breather hoses at the camshaft cover: one near the distribution that is going to the throttle housing and before the throttle; the second one is going from the middle of the cover to the inlet manifold and has a restriction.
When the throttle is open and blow-by is high, both connections to the camshaft cover (and crank case I suppose) are connected to the vacuum. When the throttle is closed, only the restricted connection is connected to the then higher vacuum. I guess that at the same time the other hose is used as an inlet to vent the CRANK CASE. In fact there seems to be no PCV valve, only a restriction.

PCV 9 years 3 months ago #154833

Sorry, in my half a wake state I read GEARBOX, ignore my answer above.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

PCV 9 years 3 months ago #154834

No problem, it is 2 January for everybody. I didn't understand your answer, but it made me look again at the workshop manual and find an answer.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT