Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Ignition Lead Selection 9 years 10 months ago #146142

Next on my list of jobs is a replacement set of ignition leads. So the question is, do I splash out and go for Magnecor, or will I see little difference over a regular branded (Lucas) set? Then again, how good are the no-name ones from the likes of Euro Car Parts?

I don't want to spend money for no reason, but at the same time I don't want to penny pinch and get something unsuitable. What leads do folks here use? Juliet is a 2000 1.8 MPi (five lead set) and I don't do track days etc.

Cheers, Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ignition Lead Selection 9 years 10 months ago #146153

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
I just bought a set from Euro car parts, the cheapest ones and they were better quality than the ones I took off which had come from a local motor factors. I think there are some 7mm leads out there which are just the bare minimum, better to spend a few more of your hard earned pennies and get better quality 8mm leads.

Even the premium car brands don't go spending silly money on very expensive leads.

It's rather like the ridiculous price charged for speaker wires for home cinema surround sound systems, they are simply not worth paying 5 times the price for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WeekendMonkey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT