• Page:

Topic

O.M.G. 9 years 11 months ago #143919

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Note: They do actually work Mon to Fri.... :yesnod:

Couldn't agree more. My MGF has been an enjoyable everyday, all year round, cheap to run, fun car. I'd recommend one to anyone.

The attraction to the marque is cheap enjoyable sports car motoring. Why we bought ours.

At Oulton Park Circuit recently I was talking to a great old chap from Brighton. He was racing an F and said it was fantastic affordable fun, with engines for just a few hundred pounds compared to £25,000 - 30,000 for race ready V8 engines. :pinch:

Going back to the asking price of this car. There was another a while back with only delivery mileage, historically significant, full 3 year warranty that struggled to make the upper asking price this one is after. The reason this one is not worth that much to me is that it is not special. It's not one of the first of the production line, it's not a special edition, it's not the Trophy or a 160.

The F/TF model commanding the highest used prices? Click here to find out

Please Log in to join the conversation.

O.M.G. 9 years 11 months ago #143930

The ownership of such a car is one thing: what you choose to do with it is another.

Ours gets used 7 days a week, as a daily drive and at the weekend. Many cars on here and elsewhere lead a charmed dry weekend only spring/summer life. You pays yer money etc....
Note: They do actually work Mon to Fri.... :yesnod:

If I bought it I'd drive it. Others wouldn't.

The F and TF will never be hailed as icons of quality: rightly so, as many aspects of their design are either parts-bin engineering or just absolute plain crap. Or both. Sorry, but they are. Mini Metro anyone?

The attraction to the marque is cheap enjoyable sports car motoring. Why we bought ours.

A 56 reg 19k ragtop for under 3k. Where else? What else?

The Allegro has its supporters, remember. And they were Epic Crap. But somebody loves them.

Completely agree with all this John.

There's a really tatty looking MX5 on a 52 plate for sale locally to me for £3500 and my son paid £2000 for an admittedly very nice X reg MR2 last year.

F/TF are far better value IMHO
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

O.M.G. 9 years 11 months ago #143937

For 2K more you could buy this! only has 2,650 mls on the clock. It's a Spark but only the 1.6 115hp

If you look at the images of the underside it's still shiny "wot no rust on a TF; I don't believe it"

2005 MG TF 115 Ltd Edition Spark One Owner 2604 miles Showroom Condition SOLD
Completed

Re:O.M.G. 9 years 11 months ago #143939

The original F's owner is in braintree, I think he needs to plant one (a brain tree that is)

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.014 seconds