Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

erratic mgf misfire 14 years 3 months ago #9161

But it would do that all the time. If it has a pre and post cat sensor it would probably light the MIL warning lamp anyway.

The best way to check is get a diagnostic done. Plug it into a Testbook computer.

ahh i see... when i doubt use the magic box :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

erratic mgf misfire 14 years 2 months ago #10811

Just an update,new fuel filter fitted,followed David,s tip regarding cleaning coil pack contacts and drove about 20 miles without a misfire.Later when dark I revved the engine to about 3000 revs and witnessed two glowing areas on the plug leads,one was quickly remedied by rerouting the lead slightly away from the cam cover,the other one was close to where the lead comes out of the coil pack.Obviously the leads are breaking down which leads me to this question,can the spark plug leads be changed (did not want to risk damaging the coil pack by removing incorrectly).If so are there any upgrades available specifically for the mark 2 F.Any help appreciated.
Regards Neil

erratic mgf misfire 14 years 2 months ago #10819

Yes you can replace the leads quite easily.
people often upgrade to something like Splitfire leads or similar.
I remember I upgraded when I changed mine, but can't remember what to. DOH.:whistle:
David
:shrug:

erratic mgf misfire 14 years 2 months ago #10902

Hi David,
Do these upgrade leads come with the long reach plug caps and are they readily available from motor factors?
Regards Neil

erratic mgf misfire 14 years 2 months ago #10906

Hi David,
Do these upgrade leads come with the long reach plug caps and are they readily available from motor factors?
Regards Neil

Yes, they come ready to fit. You may have to order the uprated ones.

Just found where I got mine from. Magnecor 8mm.
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3909319
David

erratic mgf misfire 14 years 2 months ago #11069

Hi all
Just been over to Magnecor at Appleby Magna near Measham,they did not have a set of plug leads in stock but made some for me.Really nice friendly people,nothing to much trouble,well recomended.
Regards Neil

erratic mgf misfire 14 years 2 months ago #11076

Hi all
Just been over to Magnecor at Appleby Magna near Measham,they did not have a set of plug leads in stock but made some for me.Really nice friendly people,nothing to much trouble,well recomended.
Regards Neil

Great! Hope that solves your problems.:yesnod:
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT