Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

F trophy resto 10 years 4 months ago #136915

:help: starting to bring an early f trophy back to life! Can anyone give me their thoughts on tyres and exhausts. T
Here is such a large choice of tyre makers, I used to have eagle but what is best, within reasonable cost, toyo, Yokohama, Avon? Also exhausts what a choice, thanks for the comparison videos on u tube. Any recommendations on product and suppliers will be helpful, I am based in Crewe, Cheshire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

F trophy resto 10 years 4 months ago #136933

Thee is lots of info accessible trough the How to A-Z tab on the left of the screen.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

F trophy resto 10 years 4 months ago #137017

Toyo T1-Rs are generally well praised. I run them and feel they offer decent levels of grip.

Exhausts are very much a personal taste, try to get to some meets so you can hear them - I don't find Youtube particularly helpful as it doesn't replicate the "real world" sound. Some ideas:

Daytona (well praised by the community although it is expensive in my humble opinion)
TT (I used to run a Mk7#2 which was very loud. It also has a habit of sucking on one side and blowing on the other due to the lack of back pressure)
Milltek
Scorpion
Toyosports (the hangers have a habitat of breaking so keep this in mind. They are probably the cheapest exhaust you can pick up though!)

Good luck with your restoration! :-)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT