Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Halfords Flexible Prices 10 years 7 months ago #130980

I asked my local Halfords Service Centre to quote me for an exhaustive for my F.

The price originally quoted was £282. When I said National Tyre had already quoted £180 he said I can match that but I can't beat it . Exactly what are their profit margins?

KwikFit have now quoted me £154 which seems more reasonable for a standard exhaust.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Halfords Flexible Price 10 years 7 months ago #130983

I work in sales, I can match competitor quotes occasionally as long as it is within certain margins, My honest answer as a sales person is go for the best price but be damn sure it is a like for like quote. Push for details in writing and if you can't get them, it's not worth it. .. Hope that helps.

Halfords Flexible Prices 10 years 7 months ago #130986

You can get a SS Toyosport for around £160 plus fitting.
Had mine on for nearly a year & love it.

Re:Re: Halfords Flexible Prices 10 years 7 months ago #130988

I thought about upgrading the exhaust. I've decided to go the oem route with my exhaust. I'm not bothered about a loud note and don't want the nuisance of having to declare any mods to insurance companies. I'll also save some dosh as I will be getting a bill for about £180 tomorrow for a number of repairs. I can't leave the new exhaust any longer the exhaust repair putty I used to get it through the MOT is coming off and the other tailpipe joint is now leaking.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Halfords Flexible Prices 10 years 7 months ago #131001

If you use Halfords to work on your MG you will get a fridge thrown in. Ben did. :yesnod:

:lol:
[IMG]ht[/img]

Halfords Flexible Prices 10 years 6 months ago #131010

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

If you use Halfords to work on your MG you will get a fridge thrown in. Ben did. :yesnod:

:lol:

And two weeks without a car, two free car washes, an oil change and hours of suffering. :woohoo:

Re:Re: Halfords Flexible Prices 10 years 6 months ago #131113

I wouldn't use Halfords to do work on a K Series engine. However I would use them for exhausts, tyres etc. My last MOT
for my F and the last 2 for my Rover were done by Halfords.. All passes
Sent from my PMP5101C_QUAD using Tapatalk 2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT