Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

HOOD 10 years 9 months ago #124927

Is there a knack on clipping the hood to close? I am finding it hard and thought there must be an easier solution than using all my strength

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HOOD 10 years 9 months ago #124931

I always make sure that the windows are down a little, and before I try to close the latch cover, I also make sure that the catch part is sited in the hooked part of the latch. Hope that helps. :broon:
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

HOOD 10 years 9 months ago #124932

I close mine in stages first I do the right side 50% then the left 50% than back to the right to close it
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

HOOD 10 years 9 months ago #124933

once I have lifted hood over I find holding the hood down on the outside top edge with one hand whilst getting catch in place properly before pushing lever up helps... Then round to other side and doing the same which is easier once first side is in place :yesnod:

Everyone will have different ways of doing it I suppose... Never really had problems.. Been doing it so long now I find it takes seconds to do.. I exactly find undoing harder than doing up. :-?

Hope you find a way that makes it easier for you :broon:

Tina

HOOD 10 years 9 months ago #124934

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
If they are located correctly and you still struggle then they may be adjusted too tight.

Re:Re: HOOD 10 years 9 months ago #124951

I have to close the drivers side catch first on mine, then the passengers. If i try the opposite way round its near impossible as the passenger catch doesnt quite line up (only by a mm or so) until the first catch is closed. Quirky little cars :-)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Re:Re: HOOD 10 years 9 months ago #124956

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Spray some wd40 or white grease on the catch / frame my very difficult to open / close hood was a different story after this. Also a daft question. Are you pushing the small button in first before trying to open / close the catch

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT