Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

I'm leaking! 10 years 10 months ago #122245

We have just had a full days downpour today, so I thought I would check the top was still nice and leakproof. Well it seems it is, but. Looking at the passenger door water was visible as having streamed down the door speaker grill. The trouble is, I can't see where it's come from. Please don't say the sky !

A month or so ago the garage took the door card off while troubleshooting a stuck window problem. It actually turned out to be a blown fuse, but in the process of checking the garage took the door card off and ripped all the polythene behind the card away. It might be nothing to do with that. But I remember looking at the time at the rubber bits on the outside of the door that meets the window didn't look very waterproof, but then the other side doesn't look it either. So if anyone can point me to the critical sealing points around the door area or if anyone has experienced similar, where I can start looking.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I'm leaking! 10 years 10 months ago #122246

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Sounds like the cheetah. The black triangle that the door mirror is attached to.

You can adjust its position in relation to the window and you can also plump up the door seal around that area by inserting some thin rubber tubing.

I'm leaking! 10 years 10 months ago #122247

I'll have a look around that area in the morning. Now sure of the rubber tubing bit yet, it will probably make sense when I see it in the daylight.

I'm leaking! 10 years 10 months ago #122283

Invalid or non-existent item ID.If it is the cheetah and cjj tips don't solve the problem. You can pick them up quite cheap on eBay

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.963 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT