Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118772

Never used Mer apart from on a windscreen as a rain repellant...it works well

Only tried SRP for the first time today as I had an hour or so spare coz it was raining and I had a couple of bottles given to me, inside the garage, out of the sun and not even that warm - Have to say it's good stuff and went on (and off) really well - giving a great shine.

which would you recommend?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118773

lol not to be awkward Im a Dodo juice fan

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118786

I found SRP to be great for the placcy rear window, not tried it on bodywork! :whistle:

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118788

Autoglym all the way for me, always good results for the money. Have just used the Ultra Deep Shine followed by the Extra Gloss Protection. Really impressed by the finish on my Charcoal Black MK1.
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118789

I found SRP to be great for the placcy rear window, not tried it on bodywork! :whistle:

+1 for the SRP on the rear window, just the right amount of cutting agent to remove the surface fogging.
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118799

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Got some Mer in t'shed: can you really use it on windscreens? :-?

I've used Meguiars with some success, but once a year I use genuine carnauba wax. 'Kin expensive and hard work but a very deep shine.

Truth to tell, since I've become a convert to JML waterless wash, I've not polished either car for a couple of months, cos they shine like shiny things in Shinyland after they're done. Never thought I'd recommend such a thing, but it really works.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118816

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
I must admit: Polish War: I thought that Poland had at last decided to redress the balance and invade Germany.......
:coat:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118823

Truth to tell, since I've become a convert to JML waterless wash, I've not polished either car for a couple of months, cos they shine like shiny things in Shinyland after they're done. Never thought I'd recommend such a thing, but it really works.

I have to agree with you the waterless is an excellent polish, I use it all the time. Theres a squirty bottle in my shed and one in the boot for when we are out and about.

Last edit: Post by Paulontour.

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118824

I used to be a Mer fan, but since I discovered Showroom Shine I have never looked back.
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118826

Autoglym for me, I always find putting on the super resin polish on when car is wet gives a really good finish then going over it with the ultra gloss protection really does do a fantastic job. The tyre shine is the BEST I have come across. I dont rate Autoglym "Hood rejuvenator Kit" however, It seems to be alot of work for a not very good result.
I used the "super resin polish on the plastic window and it is very good, it helps to keep it clear when wet, the rain beads off, very much like "RainX" does.

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118827

I used to be a Mer fan, but since I discovered Showroom Shine I have never looked back.

Now your talking, Showroom Shine is the best I've ever used.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Baird

Polish War! - Autoglym SRP or Mer? 10 years 11 months ago #118980

Mer for me - been using it for years on all sorts of vehicles.
It's also a great alternative to Gregate on the rear plastic screen. Does the job just as well, but is easier to apply, remove and smells better.

Mark you with my neck injury my car only gets washed when it rains, let alone polished :lol:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT