Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Stainless exhaust 11 years 5 days ago #118253

Can any of you guys assist,I'm looking for a stainless exhaust for my 2010 mgtf 135 and I presume this will be the same as the rover 2005 models or have mg motor changed them some how,I'm looking at the toyo sport ones on eBay,I know there has been issues with the bracket welds but that's not a issue but has any one got one who can confirm if they sound good.

Also where will I get a 16"spare wheel from that will go over my front callipers,,my car has the tyreless system but not sure i like the idea of using that.

Regards
Todds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Stainless exhaust 11 years 5 days ago #118255

I've got a proper 421 for sale if your interested?

Stainless exhaust 11 years 5 days ago #118260

We have the Daytona on our 2010 TF that was originally fitted to our 2005 TF so they are the same fitting our spare wheel is bright yellow, there is a orange one on ebay but overpriced at £150 but any 11 spoke wheel & decent tyre will do as a spare?
Plus you will need the jack etc.

Stainless exhaust 11 years 5 days ago #118264

I thought it was only the 85th that didn't have the spare? Did they drop the spare after the LE500? The LE500 uses a standard rim painted yellow with a 50mph/80km/h sticker and has the same size tyre as the front wheels. You will also need an wheel clamp bolt but your front panel should have the captive nut. Worth having as I have had to fit mine twice over the last three years and in both cases a can of goo would have been a waste of time.

I keep thinking I should get a decent exhaust and inlet set up after having mine remapped by Z&F, that is also a worthwhile upgrade that works well on the post 2008 TFs. Be interested to hear how you progress. I have heard the Daytona on a friend's 85th, but would like something with more of a bark like my MGB GT has.

Last edit: Post by MartinW.

Stainless exhaust 11 years 5 days ago #118267

Martin, the MGB Engine/Exhaust sound is unique and you wont ever get this same sound on an F or TF ~ By far the best sound i have heard on an F or TF is the TT ones. :woohoo:

Stainless exhaust 11 years 5 days ago #118270

Sorry, topic divergence...you're right Bryan, siamesed inlets and a siamesed and two single exhaust outlets plus a cast iron bock and headers will never be beat! I once had a chap dash out of his van at the traffic lights and compliment me on the sound of my MGB GT after he'd followed me through a tunnel and I was playing tunes on the throttle, said it was good to hear a proper car exhaust note again :woohoo:

I have often thought about the TT but as I use my TF mainly for motorway business miles I was a little worried by how many TT exhaust end up being sold on.

Stainless exhaust 11 years 5 days ago #118272

Sorry, topic divergence...you're right Bryan, siamesed inlets and a siamesed and two single exhaust outlets plus a cast iron bock and headers will never be beat! I once had a chap dash out of his van at the traffic lights and compliment me on the sound of my MGB GT after he'd followed me through a tunnel and I was playing tunes on the throttle, said it was good to hear a proper car exhaust note again :woohoo:

I have often thought about the TT but as I use my TF mainly for motorway business miles I was a little worried by how many TT exhaust end up being sold on.

I tend to agree about the noise, one of our Epsom members had an X Power exhaust and K&N filter on his 97 F and the "drone" at 70mph was really bad and very tiring on motorway, took it off and fitted OEM

Stainless exhaust 11 years 4 days ago #118301

I have a MK1 VVC with a TT mk3 on, and to be honest the noise at cruising speed on the motorway is acceptable, you dont arrive going "WHAT WHAT" to everyone you meet!! Put your foot down hard however, well thats a different matter :whistle:
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti

Stainless exhaust 11 years 4 days ago #118308

I run a TT Mk 7/3 with a K&N at motorway speeds you seem to leave the sound behind

Stainless exhaust 11 years 4 days ago #118330

It once it has sent you deaf whats to worry about?

I find the TTMK7 is a character alright! Be gentle with it and it'll purr and make love to your ears. Give it hard and it just drones on and on at you with a dodgy wet fart sound too!

I would love one with a low rumble but not too noisy at high revs.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT