Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF-Reborn did my Brake Upgrade 11 years 2 weeks ago #114652

The last MOT advisory noted front discs getting thin. After much research, I decided to buy a set of dimpled and grooved M-Tec discs and some stainless braided hoses.

What should have been a relatively "easy" job had me beaten by a stuck fast n/s front disc. In fear of wrecking the wheel bearing by too much hammering, I phoned Daryl for advice - he uses a proper puller and suggested I brought the car to him. He had the car for the day and on collection I found not only had he changed the discs and pads, but also fitted the stainless brake hoses I'd left in the boot! After a hundred miles or so, I am please to say the brakes are loads better than before.

This morning I took off the front wheels to look at Daryl's work. I observed fresh copper grease on the alloys and the new brake hoses have been attached to lower damper bolts with rubber lined "P" clips. He must have found these himself and I'm sure he's swapped a rough wheel nut for another.

Over the years I have DIY'd every job on this car from engine rebuild to suspension upgrades. My maxim has been "if a job's worth doing, do it yoursef properly". Never did I think someone else could work on my pride and joy and do a better job than myself. MGF-Reborn just did. Thanks Daryl.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF-Reborn did my Brake Upgrade 11 years 2 weeks ago #114653

Always good to hear of good feedback.

Had to fit s/s to my fronts the metal clamping bits where the rubber pipe joins the calipers had started to rust!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT