Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

well gone and dunit 11 years 1 month ago #112852

• sam47's Avatar Topic Author
  • sam47
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
after much deliberation and loads of advice I picked up the TF tonight with a new exhaust. Ordered the MGOC supersport exhaust on Tuesday arrived Wednesday and fitted Friday. Been for a blast and.......not sure. Jury is out coz maybe a bit loud for my taste. Not sure if the current headache is caused by my being exited to pick up the car since yesterday, a hard day in the office or the din emanating from my rear.
Mrs SAM not impressed at all. :-?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by sam47.

well gone and donit 11 years 1 month ago #112859

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
My wife can hear my car from three streets away haahahahha an acquired taste!

well gone and donit 11 years 1 month ago #112864

lol sounds like mine ben,, well not the wife but my dogs seem to know when i enter the village hes up at the window waiting till i get in, but its only loud under acceleration.. just as well really

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

well gone and donit 11 years 1 month ago #113148

• sam47
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Mmmmm liking the exhaust much more now. Sounds good when putting the foot down and slowing down through the gears, but when cruising the noise almost disappears. One thing I have noticed though. The exhaust end pipes/finishers are not level. The left is lower than the right. :(
Any ideas guys? :-?

well gone and dunit 11 years 1 month ago #113177

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
One of the brackets is often adjustable. If not some careful and judicial bending will level things up.
We can have a look tomorrow at Donno! :broon:
If this weather holds will be a good day!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

well gone and dunit 11 years 1 month ago #113190

• sam47
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thanks John. See you all tomorrow.

well gone and dunit 11 years 1 month ago #113194

I've got the supersport too on my lowly 1.8i MGF.

At first I wondered if I'd made the right choice. I'd picked it up from the MGOC with the hardtop on as I was on a trip away from home and thought that the hard top would be better as the car was standing out...the 'drone' at 70 MPH on the M11 was a bit tiresome. Solution, sell the hardtop! Now I love the sound.

Mine wasn't 100% level too - I supported the box and took of the the right hand support and enlarged one of the holes to a slot with a bench drill to make it adjustable - took all of 10 minutes and it's level now.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Last edit: Post by Blow-in.

well gone and dunit 11 years 1 month ago #114562

• sam47
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thanks Richard, took the TF back to the garage. Discussed the problem as if I knew what I was talking about :nose: The mechanic couldn't see the problem. His reply was "well that's what you get when you buy exhausts that aren't standard Rover parts" :bang: I said i wasn't happy so mechanic drilled two elongated holes on the right hand bracket/hook and straightened the exhaust. Noticed this morning that the right hand pipe as you face the rear has melted the plastic above the finisher and the melted plastic has ran like dark chocolate over what was a shinny s/s exhaust pipe. What I fail to understand is the left hand exhaust pipe was in the centre, the right hand exhaust pipe was lifted to the same level and centred as the left, yet the left exhaust pipe and the plastic is ok? :-?

Last edit: Post by sam47.

well gone and dunit 11 years 1 month ago #114570

Gutted is not the word :omg:
Take it back try and get the garage to cover the cost of the fix after all they fitted it
I have a blue flame exhaust on my car and that sits just out of level,I will get round to sorting it out one day.
Hope you get your problem sorted soon.

well gone and dunit 11 years 1 month ago #114577

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

Thanks Richard, took the TF back to the garage. Discussed the problem as if I knew what I was talking about :nose: The mechanic couldn't see the problem. His reply was "well that's what you get when you buy exhausts that aren't standard Rover parts" :bang: I said i wasn't happy so mechanic drilled two elongated holes on the right hand bracket/hook and straightened the exhaust. Noticed this morning that the right hand pipe as you face the rear has melted the plastic above the finisher and the melted plastic has ran like dark chocolate over what was a shinny s/s exhaust pipe. What I fail to understand is the left hand exhaust pipe was in the centre, the right hand exhaust pipe was lifted to the same level and centred as the left, yet the left exhaust pipe and the plastic is ok? :-?

Sounds like its too close to the plastic my xpower or standard didn't d o that

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT