Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Wet floor behind drivers seat in corner 11 years 2 months ago #103349

Found a wet patch earlier behind my drivers seat in the corner. Its possibly been running down from where the roof meets the body. Has anyone got any information about this.....if it is coming in from there and how can it be fixed.

Thanks

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wet floor behind drivers seat in corner 11 years 2 months ago #103353

Can come into that area through the cills, lift the carpet and see if the underlay is wet!

Wet floor behind drivers seat in corner 11 years 2 months ago #103354

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Check out cjj's how to on window adjustment in the tab on the left. Good place to begin!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wet floor behind drivers seat in corner 11 years 2 months ago #103872

it could be coming in at the back and running under the seat belt reel and behind the carpet into the corner.

if you look where the roof meets the bodywork near the seat belt reel, there's a rubber seal at the end of the semi circle rear section which should channel any water out the other side of the door seal, if this has moved it does the opposite and channels it inboard.

I'll take a photo tomorrow to show the bit i mean

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluelightmgf

Wet floor behind drivers seat in corner 11 years 2 months ago #103959

Thanks that would probably make sense. i will have a look and await your picture.

Wet floor behind drivers seat in corner 11 years 2 months ago #103960

• Visitor
  • Visitor
when i worked for rover we often had new cars coming in with leaks.one woman was told by the saleman."you have bought a convertable madam,and all convertiables leak".so that sumed it up really

Wet floor behind drivers seat in corner 11 years 2 months ago #104013

here's the bit I'm referring to

when it moves forward (as this one has again) the gap allows water to run inside

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT