Topic

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101319

• groovylee's Avatar Topic Author
  • groovylee
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • 1997 MGF 1.8i in COF
Invalid or non-existent item ID.Invalid or non-existent item ID.Hi all,

I've been trying to get my head around the whole car camera market, and I have come to a few conclusions.
A. The likes of the go pro hero at al, are all massively overpriced for what I'll be using it for.
B. the cheap Chinese tat is just that, Tat.

With these two points in mind, I set about reading as many reviews etc as possible on a range of cameras, and I have gone for this

And I will be buying the bullet cam to go with it, then sorting out a suction mount for the bullet cam, similar to the one dog cam peddle for an exorbitant amount, but for a couple of quid :)

Will post pics etc when it arrives, hope to have it up and running for FRL and Stoneleigh.

Cheers,

Lee
when your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems suddenly become nails.......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101328

I've got one of the Chinese tat £12 cameras, and it does the job - it just doesn't do it brilliantly. You certainly get what you pay for with them and they do have some uses (creating DVDs perhaps not being one of them!)

I'll be interested to see what the quality of yours is like in comparrison :yesnod:

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101332

Intetested in one of these gadgets please let us know how it turns out :-? K
[IMG]ht[/img]

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101337

I gotta disagree

I have a Go Pro Hero 2

The quality is stunning. Full HD, the ability to capture sounds at 70mph plus, 110% waterproof, decent battery life

If you want to make a DVD to show others the go pro range are cheap

If you want to record incase of an accident then yer buy some chinese crap

Look up GO Pro Ferrari drive on youtube and tell me they are not worth the money

The go pro suction mount is amazing

There is a go pro channel on youtube

As above, you get what you pay for
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101343

One of mine

Another of mine

Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Last edit: Post by Diesel Destroyer.

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101345

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I bought the Dogcam system for £300 and it is a quality camera. The only thing that lets it down is the sound.

I also found roughly the same kit for sale from China for around £120, so I bought one of them too.

I like the quality of the Go Pro video, I just didn't want what looks like a cheap holiday snap camera stuck to my head or the car.

As said, if you want to go DVD then you do need a quality camera, but if all you want is videos for youtube etc then the Archos will probably be a good compromise.

Some of mine.

Remember to turn the quality up to max (HD)

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101347

Do you have a link for the £120 one Clive?

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101349

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
No listings at the minute, but the seller was necaver.

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101387

• groovylee's Avatar Topic Author
  • groovylee
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • 1997 MGF 1.8i in COF
Don't get me wrong guys, I'm sure the go pro etc are worth the money, if you really USE them. As I said above, for what I'LL be using I for, it is well outside of my sensible budget.

The cheap Chinese jobs, just not quite enough in the quality stakes, hence going for second hand, and something like the archos. Hopefully it will be a good enough compromise for less than the go pro.

Plus it will have the added advantage of being a movie viewer and MP3 player at the same time.

As a new for new comparison, the archos probably works out more expensive than the go pro, but the go pro seems to hold its value much better - probably because it is a dedicated track cam type affair, rather than a dvr with an added camera.

At the end of the day, I managed to swing it past the wife without any drama, so I'm happy :lol:
when your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems suddenly become nails.......

Car camera 11 years 3 months ago #101396

Drift X170

Wife has one of these for her horse, standard kit comes with all sorts of helmet mounts, bar mount for bikes etc, its remote control, and you can twist the end to level the frame if your mount is on a squiffy angle, will also fit alot of the proprietry suction screen mounts on ebay. Quality is very good for a sd camera, and there is a hd version available though the SD version gives near dvd quality, also weather/splash proof!!

We bought from another source and it was way cheaper than amazon!!
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti

Last edit: Post by steve51800.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.901 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT