Sign In   Register

Topic

why does my mgf take ages for the heaters to warm 11 years 3 months ago #100751

Thanks for putting it up. At least it gave me somewhere to look at it because if it was not for the how to you wouldn't know where to start, most if not all of the stuff you need to look at or get to is covered up.

David if it does have that mod what will putting a thermostat back in do. just been for a drive and it seems good. its too dark now to check for that modification. will check tomorrow when im on my next how to.The airscarf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

why does my mgf take ages for the heaters to warm 11 years 3 months ago #100754

will check tomorrow when im on my next how to The airscarf (click click).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

why does my mgf take ages for the heaters to warm 11 years 3 months ago #100755

I would say that if your car has a PRRT fitted, then the themostat in it had failed open anyway. If you do have a PRRT then, IN THE SHORT TERM, it won't be a problem.
The problem would be if there is a PRRT and the thermostat decides to move to closed within it, you would then have a car with two thermostats and a tendency to overheat!.
David
:shrug:

why does my mgf take ages for the heaters to warm 11 years 3 months ago #100782

Had a look. There is nothing similar there like what you posted. Happy days.
B)

why does my mgf take ages for the heaters to warm 11 years 3 months ago #100793

If i sit in one place it will warm up quicker but if one the move its just warm at best. The temp gauge is just above 0 when on the move. as soon as i stop it starts to climb

Just to follow on now BlueLight is sorted, I noticed the cooling effect in the opposite way, all was nice and toastie when moving, but stop at a junction and after 20 seconds I clearly noticed a drop in the temp from the face blowers, move off again and within 1-20 seconds it is roasting hot again. The outside temp was in the 0 to -2 range just at the start of the snow, so I don't know if this would cause any effect. Usually once the heater is hot I usually turn it down to around the half way mark to avoid melting, and have not noticed this cooling before. Blowers this time were on the full whack number 4.

Any ideas? I have not checked if the PRRT system is fitted or not yet, I've only just read this thread.

Thanks for any help
Gary
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB

why does my mgf take ages for the heaters to warm 11 years 3 months ago #100898

Thats basically what mine does since i fitted PRT, takes around 3 miles to warm up. Then goes a little cool while sat still.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT