Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bore sizes 14 years 3 months ago #8516

Could well be a dumbass question but I'm bored waiting for a laptop to build :lol:

A VVC head onto a 1.6 - the bore size on the 1.8 would be bigger, no? So would that work?

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bore sizes 14 years 3 months ago #8517

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I think the difference is in the stroke rather than the bore size, due to a different crankshaft. You can fit a 1.8 head, and even a VVC head on a 1.6 engine. This is a common mod for 1.6 engines and there are a few 1.6VVCs, especially popular with Euro tuners.

Have a look at your PMs on the "other" site.

Bore sizes 14 years 3 months ago #8518

I think the difference is in the stroke rather than the bore size. You can fit a 1.8 head, and even a VVC head on a 1.6 engine. This is a common mod for 1.6 engines and there are a few 1.6VVCs, especially popular with Euro tuners.

Excellent, thanks :) I thought I'd read somewhere about it fitting but for some reason it just wouldn't sink in as a working idea :confused:

Do you know of any comparisons between the tuned 1.6, 1.8, 1.9 and 2.0 VVCs? From what I remember (or maybe dreamed :shake:) the 1.6 produces more tourque than the higher variants. Does that sound familiar or do I need to start on my pills again :bye:

Bore sizes 14 years 3 months ago #8546

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I would have thought that the bigger displacements would give more torque, especially low down. The 1.6 will be a very revy engine and you will probably have to keep the revs high to get the best from it

Bore sizes 14 years 3 months ago #8576

Ok thanks. I'd be raising the rev limit as high as necessary to give max torque along with a lightweight flywheel to get there as quickly as possible so as long as the car is drivable day to day without having the rev the nuts off it then I don't mind being a bit heavy footed when I really want to go :whistle:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT