Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 3 months ago #8345

there are plenty of people with a weird sense of humour mate Terry Pratchet made a killing from it :yesnod:

I love Terry Pratchet..... Hey just a thought, we could maybe have a writters section?
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 3 months ago #8347

Best of luck for getting it sorted! Im sure you'll find it all back in the tunnel....

Ah to be a student again and have the time to tinker with the car! I still have a box of items waiting to be done.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 3 months ago #8434

Best of luck for getting it sorted! Im sure you'll find it all back in the tunnel....

Ah to be a student again and have the time to tinker with the car! I still have a box of items waiting to be done.....

"tinker" may be the wrong adjective.... "ruin" maybe lol

to be honest im going to seriously struggle to find time once i actually start uni (ironic that i'll have the money but not the time where as atm i have the time but I'm utterly skint!

mind you the list of things i have to do now, many have to be done by someone else or are very easy to do, e.g. rear window replacement, getting seats leathered, buying and fitting some new harnesses, buying and fitting a s2000 start button :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 3 months ago #8436

Putting things right that you made go wrong yourself is half the fun! :D

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 3 months ago #9068

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
How did I miss this??

I would have offered inspiration, but to be honest I think I would have been too busy laughing.

The 2 bits of advice I would give are:

1. Cover any abyss type holes with a towel or something so that things can't fall in. (Boy I wish I could follow my own advice sometimes.).

2. Learn to admit defeat and not to work deep into the night when concentration levels go down and anger and mistakes go up in a logorythmic way. I have known myself reduced to tears at stupid hours in the morning because I cannot find a spanner I need (and I used 2 minutes ago) after turning the garage upside down only to find it 2 inches away from where I first started searching.

Another tip is don't add alcohol into the equation, because as well as the reasons in point 2 above, laws of physics start unravelling as well.

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 3 months ago #9070

How did I miss this??

I would have offered inspiration, but to be honest I think I would have been too busy laughing.

The 2 bits of advice I would give are:

1. Cover any abyss type holes with a towel or something so that things can't fall in. (Boy I wish I could follow my own advice sometimes.).

2. Learn to admit defeat and not to work deep into the night when concentration levels go down and anger and mistakes go up in a logorythmic way. I have known myself reduced to tears at stupid hours in the morning because I cannot find a spanner I need (and I used 2 minutes ago) after turning the garage upside down only to find it 2 inches away from where I first started searching.

Another tip is don't add alcohol into the equation, because as well as the reasons in point 2 above, laws of physics start unravelling as well.

Not sure how you missed this mate... it wasnt a happy time for me lol... but i made people laugh so it was well worth it!

the towel tricks a dam good one!

as for the other pieces of sage advice... all I've learnt before and ignored as well lol... sometimes pig head-edness wins out lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 2 months ago #9641

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok I am bad I spat my tea all over the laptop laughing

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 2 months ago #9644

Just Classic!!!!!!!! Hmmm your Uni course isn't in juggling then?...lolol
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 2 months ago #9653

Ok I am bad I spat my tea all over the laptop laughing

glad i could brighten up your day lol

Just Classic!!!!!!!! Hmmm your Uni course isn't in juggling then?...lolol

lmao nope.... Nursing! which I'm sure fills you full of confidence :D lol

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 2 months ago #9656

O god that makes it even worse, a juggler dropping something yeah we can deal with, but a nurse dropping NUTS could be painful.....lolol
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

low point in TF ownership... i so wish i hadn't bothered 14 years 2 months ago #9661

lmao baccarus is worried i'll mix up my rectal thermometer and my torque wrench...

now that he's said that so am I! lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT