Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Pumping up Hydrolastic suspension, grease gun meth 11 years 6 months ago #80256

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Which one do you have, as I have usually only ever heard good comments on them :-?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Pumping up Hydrolastic suspension, grease gun meth 11 years 6 months ago #80260

Invalid or non-existent item ID.I have this one

Re: Pumping up Hydrolastic suspension, grease gun meth 11 years 6 months ago #80263

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
Invalid or non-existent item ID.

I have this one

I have this one too, after about 3 or 4 uses the gun failed and I replaced it with a Stainless Grease gun using the fittings from the original, I have now done about a dozen pump ups with no problems. To be fair to the original gun the failure was probably due to corrosion internally because I didn't flush it properly after use.

Craig
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping

Re: Pumping up Hydrolastic suspension, grease gun meth 11 years 6 months ago #80271

I have one and it does the job. The guage is pretty much useless but I do it by height anyway.
Probably 10 minutes per side here as well.
I don't have corrosion problems with mine but I use a mix of 50% ethyl alcohol and 50% glycol antifreeze.
I have even pumped up from dead empty (spheres off) without a problem. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, , Marmite

Re: Pumping up Hydrolastic suspension, grease gun meth 11 years 6 months ago #81137

Thanks for all of the comments.
Just pumped up a friends Trophy 50mm per side start to finish 1hour

Really happy and would recommend this DIY kit. Worked really well but as Rich says gauge useless only gos to 400psi and Trophy should be 450 no problem just measured the height as we went along.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.946 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT