Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #7675

Hi all yesterday I noticed my Tf had a burnt out reverse bulb and today while at my uncle's service station I noticed 2 bulbs similiar to these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/24-LED-WHITE-REVERSE-BULBS-Citroen-Saxo-C2-C4-VTR-VTS_W0QQitemZ160299777786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item25529c7efa#ht_1242wt_859

took them and went to fit them (had no idea what they are and what colour) as soon as I put the car in reverse the bulb lit up and started beeping!! Is this a sign of soemthing wrong or are they on purpose to signal people car is reversing??
FM :rolleyes:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #7676

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #7685

not a bad idea but i can imagine it getting a little annoying after a while... mind you if passing pedestrians cant hear Bucephalus' exhaust they deserve to be ran over (or their deaf in which case a bleeping light wont be much use i guess :dunno:)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #7686

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Yep. You can get beeping reversing lights that warn people that you are reversing. There is no other warning beeper for that circuit, so you should be able to rest easy.

The funny thing about these lamps is that I thought you had to be able to disable the beep after 11pm so that you don't disturb neighbours etc.

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #7740

Seriously? Never herd that one before Clive.
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #7743

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Which bit?

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #7751

The after 11pm bit

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #7765

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
It might just be a vuluntary thing for lorry companies etc. The noise that they make can travel a long way and be really annoying.

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #7807

It might just be a vuluntary thing for lorry companies etc. The noise that they make can travel a long way and be really annoying.

funnly enough my neighbors say the same about my singing

LED bulbs beeping?? 14 years 3 months ago #8030

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Correct. And yes. Annoying lol. Specially when its coupled with a Cummins diesel engine at full throttle reversing 6 tonne of gravel up a bank.

The emergency services are meant to just use lights after 11pm due to noise polution.
They dont always follow this rule though.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT