• Page:

Topic

Window 11 years 7 months ago #76684

• Ned's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ned
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Hi guys,
I picked the car up yesterday as you know and took her for a spin with the top and windows down as you do. Anyway, last night went to put the windows up and the passenger side one decided it didn't want to. Anyway, I swaped the switches around today and they both work the drivers side window so it aint that. Does anyone know how to get the window back up if its bottomed out and not moving? The motor sounds like it engages but the window only moves a bit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Window 11 years 7 months ago #76685

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Sounds like it could be the motor on its way out, happened to my drivers one :(

Re: Window 11 years 7 months ago #76687

• Ned
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

Sounds like it could be the motor on its way out, happened to my drivers one :(

Not sure tbh, could be but the window went down easily and without any juddering. Im wondering as its bottomed out something isnt catching to get it started upwards

Re: Window 11 years 7 months ago #76693

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I have not got a clue Ned, hopefully one of the clever ones will be along soon :yesnod:

Have a look on the how to's and see if there is anything there that could help :-?

Re: Window 11 years 7 months ago #76700

Ned, your window stop has gone :( how do i know? because i had to fix mine at the roadside yesterday :rant:

ok, not sure if this is the preferred method, but its what i did.......

remove the door card - one screw in the interior handle escutcheon, two in the door pull, one in the top front corner, two on the back edge. pull out at the bottom, then slide off to the rear, not forgetting the lock pin.

now, you will see a cut out to the rear of the door, look in there and slightly to the front at the bottom, you will see that the mechanism is toughing the bottom of the door. if you watch carefully now whilst operating the switch, you'll see the motor trying ti lift ther window, but all it does is flex the door :(

remove the speaker (two screws top, one bottom) look inside and see if you can see the broken / missing stop. ensure it isn't janmmed in anything.

so, you will see the window at the bottom has a sort of curved cut out. get some strong gloves on, and try to pull the window up from this cut whilst operating the switch.

BE CAREFUL!!!

it will come up with a bang, and let go of the switch when it does. it will take some pulling, so be warned!

not saying it is the RIGHT way, just the way i managed last night in an emergency on my way to work :bang:

next look for my thread on door cards, and find the link someone posted for replacing the window stops.

note: brown and gammons sell them cheaper than ebay :)

hope it helps :broon:

Lee
when your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems suddenly become nails.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, bandit

Last edit: Post by groovylee. Reason: add a bit......

Re: Window 11 years 7 months ago #76717

• Ned
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thanks Lee, we managed to get the window up with a little brute force. The stops look as if they are still there, but not sure. Will sort out proper, when i have more time. It will have to stay up for now lol. Thanks again

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT