Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF flat battery 14 years 3 months ago #7267

Over the christmas period my tf suffered a flat battery i recharged it overnight disconnected from the car, The following day i reconnected the battery on trying to start the car all that happens is the engine runs for thirty seconds then stops, I have replaced the fob batteries but still no joy can anybody help.Car now fixed by Russell of MG Rover solutions the ECU had lost memory due to low volts in battery he reprogrammed the ECU and all is ok now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF flat battery 14 years 3 months ago #7271

Over the christmas period my tf suffered a flat battery i recharged it overnight disconnected from the car, The following day i reconnected the battery on trying to start the car all that happens is the engine runs for thirty seconds then stops, I have replaced the fob batteries but still no joy can anybody help.

Not sure if all MGF/TF have the same system, but my 160 TF needs to have the immobiliser resync`t if I disconnect the battery. Also You might need to resync the fob if you have removed those batteries as well. You should find the process explained in your manual.
However if you have managed to lock and unlock your car the fob resync looks to be not neccesary.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

TF flat battery 14 years 3 months ago #7303

i suppose if the battery was flat for some time it may of discharged? meaning it can only store a very small amount of charge (which the alternator cannot replace quickly enough after the car is started?)

educated guess that^ be warned lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT