Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Under dash cross brace 11 years 7 months ago #72557

Yes can get paint made in any colour ya like.. Just need paint code ( under the bonnet)

any colour???? now i like the sound of that off to find a lambo lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Under dash cross brace 11 years 7 months ago #72661

Got the front subframe solid mounts and subframe strut brace fitted today despite the rain

The F now boasts.. Full VHS brace kit and a DD special 'towel rail' brace..
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Re: Under dash cross brace 11 years 7 months ago #72672

Full details of the kit is available on the Vehicle Handling Solutions web site if anyone is interested
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Re:Under dash cross brace 11 months 2 weeks ago #202278

Do some one have pictures/directions how to fit in a MG F a TF cross bar , under the dashboard (if possible without dismantling the dashboard). Thankyou!

Enviado do meu SM-A137F através do Tapatalk

Re:Under dash cross brace 11 months 2 weeks ago #202281

If you’re intending to do a lot of inspired driving where your cornering prowess is designed to outshine all other competitors then you might consider the extent of of the job worthwhile.
Vehicle Handling Solutions (VHS) produced a kit of three, these were integrated into the tf & available for the f. They were designed to improve the torsional strength of the car, a car that didn’t really wobble much, but hey, every little helps.
The “V”section over the engine is not difficult to fit, providing you can engineer a strong mounting point through the boot firewall. The cross under the tyre well is a bit of a struggle unless you can get the car in the air, when it becomes straight forward.
However the pylon behind the heater controls is another matter & it has been argued by some to be the most important of the three, it is without any shadow of a doubt the most difficult to fit.
I bought my set off eBay for buttons & it was as well as the pylon wasn’t used on the car but on another job entirely.
Once you have stripped all the surrounding paraphernalia & made sure that anything that’s flammable is out of the way, you can start welding on the mounting tabs. Whilst you have the inside of the car on the outside you might consider fitting the adjustable steering column.
I’m pretty handy at stuff like this & unless I missed something glaringly obvious, I wasn’t prepared to take the car to bits just because some competition driver with much more talent than I, said there was an improvement.
Let us know whether you go ahead & whether you consider the result worth the effort.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT