Topic

MGF/TF brake upgrades. 14 years 3 months ago #7218

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Not sure if these are any good.

You can get them for 15" wheels or 16" wheels, so if you didn't want to go down the changing wheels route then they might be an idea.

Not sure if they will work with the standard discs or not, may need some investigation if someone is interested, or whether the rotors can be made to fit the pcd.

The 15" kit would be good for all of you with 15" wheels, or 16" wheels where the APs wont fit.

15" kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XYZ-6-Pot-286mm-15-High-Performance-Brake-Kit_W0QQitemZ280418651161QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414a410c19

16" kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XYZ-6-Pot-303mm-16-High-Performance-Brake-Kit_W0QQitemZ230395291794QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a4a12892

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF/TF brake upgrades. 14 years 3 months ago #7219

I think at that price you'd be mad not to change your wheels and go for the APs :faint:

Shame as I'm starting to look round at different brake options as I don't really want to pay out £150 for APs, another £200 for wheels and then tyres, discs and pads on top of that.

There's got to be other manufacturer's calipers out there that will fit with a bit of machine work or different brackets etc :yesnod:

MGF/TF brake upgrades. 14 years 3 months ago #7221

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
To be honest that price is fairly cheap for a 6 pot system. Remember that they are new, compare it with new prices for AP brakes.

It all depends on whether you are serious about modding or not to be honest.

You will probably pay around £500 for 11 spokes and new tyres (I would never use second hand tyres) and £200 for AP's in a decent condition. You will then need discs and pads, so if you do it properly you won't see much change from £800 for a second hand setup.

The main reason that I was showing them is that there may be some out there who want to keep their car looking original, with the 15" wheels, or someone who has a set of 16" wheels that the APs won't fit under.

MGF/TF brake upgrades. 14 years 3 months ago #7222

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

There's got to be other manufacturer's calipers out there that will fit with a bit of machine work or different brackets etc :yesnod:

This is something that I am looking at as I want to upgrade to 6 pot callipers.

MGF/TF brake upgrades. 14 years 3 months ago #7223

That is a very good point, I was comparing the price of second hand APs to those which is a stupid thing to do and kinda tilts it unfairly to the APs. How much were the APs new?

That's me then :wavecry: No APs under my 16s....no money either though :lol:

MGF/TF brake upgrades. 14 years 3 months ago #7225

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Can't find AP prices at the moment, but here is a Tar.ox kit. It is in dollars, but it gives you some idea.

http://www.vehicularmotion.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=849

Was looking at the Tar.ox site and they do a 12 pot calliper. :CJJ:

MGF/TF brake upgrades. 14 years 3 months ago #7261

Its worth looking at Hi Spec they do a variety of calipers to fit both standard and bigger wheels. They are also the only people who make a multi-pot rear caliper. Not cheap but not tarox prices either. http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/

Chris

MGF/TF brake upgrades. 14 years 3 months ago #7277

hmmm only thing i'd be hesitant about is that i never herd of XYZ calipers :s
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT