Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #6963

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
First of all I'd just like to wish all of you a very happy new year! :happynewyear:

We've been live for two months now and for a brand new forum we are growing fast and are certainly more successful than I could have dreamed of which certainly bodes well for 2010.

As we enter the new year there are a few changes I am making that I feel will improve the forum for you.

The first was introduced yesterday in the form of free generic avatars for forum members. For more info see here: :link:

The next is that I have decided to merge the MGF/MGTF Lounge with the MGF/TF Pitstop. This was a difficult decision as there is something to be said for having things clearly separated. However so many threads border on the edge of being technical and being general and I understand that for many of you it would be nice just to visit one main section. Therefore we'll give it a go, if it doesn't work we'll just change it back. :)

The next change is the addition of an MG Motoring News section. After listening to your feedback it's clear that you felt it would be an excellent additon to the forum so it's now up & running. I've started by doing a summary of the main 2009 news from MG and henceforth we can add articles as and when they appear.

Now perhaps the most major & quite exciting change. An opportunity came up a couple of days ago for a new domain name and I simply couldn't say no! Therefore I give you: www.the-t-bar.com :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

That's right we are now a .com forum! Hopefully our swish new name will soon be instantly recognisable to those in the MG scene! You can still use the .org site should you wish but it will reroute you to the .com site. The crossover is happening today so I do apologize if you experience any technical problems whilst the change is taking place. Our logo won't change except the .org part.

I for one am very excited about these new improvements and can only hope that 2010 is our year! :piratebang:

Kara

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7043

Happy new year to you too hunnie, hope its a good one..

Loving the new changes and as for the new name.. Great!!!! Keep up the good work :yesnod:
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7044

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Happy new year to you too hunnie, hope its a good one..

Loving the new changes and as for the new name.. Great!!!! Keep up the good work :yesnod:

Thanks mate! Glad you like the new name! Hopefully the changes will go down well. :)

:happynewyear:

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7107

Just to let you know that the-t-bar.org seems to take me to http://www.globalgold.co.uk/dedicated/vbulletin_custom_hosting.html :confused:

Loving the rest of the changed though :yesnod:

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7124

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Just to let you know that the-t-bar.org seems to take me to http://www.globalgold.co.uk/dedicated/vbulletin_custom_hosting.html :confused:

Loving the rest of the changed though :yesnod:

Really? Hmm... it should be automatically re-routing... anyone else having this problem?

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7131

Really? Hmm... it should be automatically re-routing... anyone else having this problem?

The funny thing is, www.the-t-bar.org is re-routing ok but the-t-bar.org goes to that site above :confused: It'll be ok as long as people aren't too lazy to type the www :lol: I thought the site had been broken for most of the day :o

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7133

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

The funny thing is, www.the-t-bar.org is re-routing ok but the-t-bar.org goes to that site above :confused: It'll be ok as long as people aren't too lazy to type the www :lol: I thought the site had been broken for most of the day :o

So, are you saying you are lazy? :)

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7134

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Oh for goodness sake Dan I thought you meant www.the-t-bar.org wasn't re-routing! Phew! ...Now type www ya lazy bugger! :p

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7135

So, are you saying you are lazy? :)

:whistle: My history has it saved as the-t-bar.org :o

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7176

• Visitor
  • Visitor
happy new year gang! hope to see you all soon!:bye:

New Year - New forum features! 14 years 4 months ago #7177

• cjj