Sign In   Register

Topic

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #7207

just out of randomness... i painted my grills white... just the standard front and side ones think it looks quite good, will get a pic tomorrow :)

Ooh well white is a colour I've never thought of... pics please! :woo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #7231

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Cool! If you take some before & after pics may I add them to my guide? :)

No Problem. :yesnod: :bye:

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #7724

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Looks good Kara, I will give it a go once the weather improves. :bye:

I am still waiting Kara..........I hate this weather. :dunno:

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #7734

I am still waiting Kara..........I hate this weather. :dunno:

Tell me about it hun! I'm still waiting to fit my side scoops that I got for christmas! :shake:

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #8405

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

At last..........the sun is out, the snow has gone and even the roads are almost dry.:)
Time to clean all the salt off the car and have a look at those grilles.:cool:

Not wanting to spend too much money after Christmas (not wanting to spend any at all really) I proceeded to clean up my baby. That took a while but the sun was still shining so out came the paint to spruce up those black grilles.
Black is now silver and I do rather like it. :yesnod: It is a little difficult to show the before and after results as the camera does not do the finished result justice, but here goes.................
Before,

After,

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #8406

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here's a before and after of the front.............

Many thanks Kara for your suggestion of painting them rather than replacing them. :bye:

Next thing has to be a personal plate. :yesnod:

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #8407

Well, I know perceived wisdom is black mesh with silver cars, but I definitely prefer the silver/silver look!
In my opinion, it looks much better:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #8411

i'm very impressed with the results, looks fabulous :yesnod:

and a lot easier then changing the mesh!!!!!

top marks for a job well done :clap:

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #8423

Here's a before and after of the front.............

Many thanks Kara for your suggestion of painting them rather than replacing them. :bye:

Next thing has to be a personal plate. :yesnod:

Looking absolutely fantastic! A huge improvement to the front bumper in particular. :yesnod: I'm glad you saved the money & painted them - saves more money for the private plate! Have you thought about what you want on your plate?

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 4 months ago #8431

looking good mate!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 3 months ago #8651

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Looking absolutely fantastic! A huge improvement to the front bumper in particular. :yesnod: I'm glad you saved the money & painted them - saves more money for the private plate! Have you thought about what you want on your plate?

Hi Kara, yes I am well pleased with the result. :yesnod:

A few years ago I bought a plate with my initials on it. Unfortunately they are very popular and after a long search I had to pay more than I wanted. :dunno: The good news is that now that plate is worth about 50% more. This plate is on my other car and really I do not want to transfer it to the MG. :shake:

The obvious choice was to buy another one but as the MG is the "second car" the budget is somewhat less. After searching a few sites I have bought an "AyB" plate at a great price.

This MG ownership is beginning to be a bit of an obsession. I can't stop thinking of thing to do to improve my "baby" :o

Grille Kit - Easy To Fit? 14 years 3 months ago #8653

Hi Kara, yes I am well pleased with the result. :yesnod:

A few years ago I bought a plate with my initials on it. Unfortunately they are very popular and after a long search I had to pay more than I wanted. :dunno: The good news is that now that plate is worth about 50% more. This plate is on my other car and really I do not want to transfer it to the MG. :shake:

The obvious choice was to buy another one but as the MG is the "second car" the budget is somewhat less. After searching a few sites I have bought an "AyB" plate at a great price.

This MG ownership is beginning to be a bit of an obsession. I can't stop thinking of thing to do to improve my "baby" :o

Lol well I'd like to say the obsession goes away but 15 months on I'm still looking at ways to improve her. A personal plate is a great addition!

Have you thought about chrome handles or do you already have them? I'm only saying it because we added chrome handles to a silver F and it made a suprising difference - I didn't think it would show up but in actual fact it looked really stylish. :yesnod:

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT