Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #65995

So I'm turning my attention to the bodywork now and there's a couple of things I've found.

First off, I have a dent in the drivers side rear panel about level with the boot hinge. Is there anyway to get into that panel that anyone knows? There doesn't seem to be anyway in from underneath.

Secondly for any of you detailers out there I have an odd paint blemish, someone has said that its possibly water soaked into the paint when it was under its cover :-? Anyway of getting it out? He did say try drying it but the wing is in the sun most days so I don't think that's going to have any effect.

I'm not hugely worried about it as I'm respraying but till that gets done I know its there :nonod:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #66010

The following user(s) said Thank You: davmor

Last edit: Post by mogatrons.

Re: Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #66022

Tried that, didn't work. Its actually never worked for me.

If I can't get behind it I'll go for hot glue

Re: Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #66026

The hot/cold technique only works on 'uncreased' dents ... if there's a point or a fold in your ding it'll need to be pulled or filled.

Re: Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #66033

There is no crease that's why I gave it a go, I got most of it out with a suction cup off one of the boys bath toys, it just left two really small dimples about an inch in diameter each.

The annoying thing is they are really light, I know they would probably pop if I blew on them from the back. I normally wouldn't bother asking and just hot glue it but I now live in apartments and to get electricity to the car I have to drop a 50 metre extension off my roof terrace and across the car park. Already tried a power converter, it was fine for a hair dryer but it wouldn't get the glue gun hot enough so now I'm being lazy :coat:

Re: Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #66082

Remove the side vent and then pull out the plastic sleeve. Now you can reach up inside most of the rear inner wing

Try a paint cutting agent like G3 on the water marks
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'
The following user(s) said Thank You: davmor

Re: Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #66117

Thanks DD, never thought about the vent, there was one small access hole from the engine bay but I just couldn't get my arm in far enough. Will give it a go this weekend.

I tried G3 and claying the blemish even T-Cut but nothing touched it. Might have to wait till the respray I think.

Re: Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #66122

.. Hear these bits of kit you get which give you: glue gun, tabs and puller bracket, are quite good for small dents and there's one on there for a tenner! Let me know if it works. lol.

I use nails with a nice big head and mole grips, if it gets stubborn a slide hammer, I think the tabs are worth buying for long dents or to pull a crease out all at once, but I've only ever had to deal with really light stuff so have never bothered with them

Last edit: Post by PQD44. Reason: fixed quote

Re: Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #66136

I managed to sound proof both rear quaters from the vent hole..

The only bit I couldnt reach.. I got to from the holes in the boot

B)
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Re: Two body work questions 11 years 8 months ago #66221

what's 'claying' and what do you stick the nails on with? Got a couple (actually loads) of little dents myself that want sorting.

There's a good guide to claying here . Basically it removes contaminants from your paintwork prior to polishing.

Stick the nail heads on with hot glue then I've got a chuck type adapter on a slide hammer. 9 times out of ten if you pull the nails off at an angle the glue comes away easily enough

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT