Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

what a month!! 11 years 9 months ago #60538

:rant: what a month its been with the mg...first off head gasket went :rant: thanks to daryl at mgf re-born it was fixed in super quick time........ :woohoo: then another water leak a few weeks later :rant: ...this time it was the plastic inlet manifold to blame.....a gain good old daryl to the rescue :woohoo: ...just had a weeks trouble free motoring , then this morning yet another leak :rant: :rant: :rant:
this time a coolant hose split, luckily the local ex rover dealer had one on the shelf £46.75 inc vat :omg: :rant: ...did it myself this evening ,and despite it being a bit awkward in places to get at the spring clips the job went well :woohoo: :drive: :drive:
so so far this month the car has had £650.00 + spent on it :sick: i hope it appreciates the electric boot release i have just bought it :nonod: ...........still eight months of ownership and its the first time i have had to spend money on it , hope to have a few trouble free months now :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: what a month!! 11 years 9 months ago #60564

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
We spent out a bit on our TF a few weeks after buying, tyres, pads fluids and filters for peace of mind. Also a ss exhaust. No mech failures such as yours fingers crossed! Hoping to reap the benefits with trouble free motoring lol. Hope your troubles are at an end and you can enjoy some sun!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: what a month!! 11 years 9 months ago #60588

Least you have now replaced most of the bits that can give the dreaded hgf.

Love the yellow Pop, Was one of my first cars, black Pop, remember going up a hill near us and being overtaken by a scooter.

Re: what a month!! 11 years 9 months ago #60589

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
My eldest bro did a ground up resto of a pop many years ago. After many years of driving it as built (slow) he decided out of the blue to rod it: Ended up with the standard stuff: Jag back axle, Viva front end, 2 litre Ford Pinto engine (couldn't afford a V8!!)

Its now gone to a new home and he's back with a couple of bog stock 1930's cars.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: what a month!! 11 years 9 months ago #60590

Took my ZS to Bromley Pageant and going round the M25 went by 2 Hot Rod's Ford Pop.

My first car was a fiberglass Microplas Mistral, on a Ford 10 chassis, with a Ford 8 cylinder head with twin SU carbs

http://www.1950sspecials.com/microplas%201.htm

Cable brakes..........................

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: what a month!! 11 years 9 months ago #60596

yes mine is the traditional british hot rod ie..viva front jag rear and rover v8.... hope you are right about the mg too..never had a car that wants so much attention from the toolbox and wallet!!...lol! its easy to see where the uninformed owners give up and sell giving the cars the reputation they have, but they are such a nice lttle car to drive and will i am sure only go up in value soon!

Re: what a month!! 11 years 9 months ago #60606

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I think mine needs a bit of TLC roll on pay day

Re: what a month!! 11 years 9 months ago #60636

yes mine is the traditional british hot rod ie..viva front jag rear and rover v8.... hope you are right about the mg too..never had a car that wants so much attention from the toolbox and wallet!!...lol! its easy to see where the uninformed owners give up and sell giving the cars the reputation they have, but they are such a nice lttle car to drive and will i am sure only go up in value soon!

Is it a custom chassis, my one was on the old E93a Ford 10 one, rusted through at the rear where it kicks up over the back axle.

Back in those days you didnt have plating on the chassis, gave my one away to a couple of kids that knocked on the door!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT