Sign In   Register

Topic

Xenon Conversion discussion. 10 years 11 months ago #119057

I won't try to preach to the unconverted. Here's my counter argument. :lol:

First point.. They are not illegal!

Illegal describes an act that is unlawful and also a criminal act, such as drug trafficking. It's not a crime I'm afraid.

I find the ones that dazzle me are always fitted to newer cars. Usually BMW, Audi and Mercs. All factory fitted. Take a closer look the next time you're blinded. :yesnod:

I never put them through an mot as I fitted them after it was done. However, it's no more than a five minute swap over for the bulbs if indeed an issue was to occur during mot. The ballasts don't need to be removed.

Not once did they trouble other road users

I'll qualify this earlier statement with some facts as I see them.. In ten months of driving approximately 50 miles a day, no-one ever complained by flashing their lights at me for dazzling them. I commute into the biggest city in Britain and nobody held their hands aloft to their eyes and swerved as though blinded and the drivers and occupants of the myriad of oncoming police vehicles, and foot patrols, I passed during that time never so much as batted an eyelid in my direction or pulled me over. :yesnod:

My new car has factory fit Xenons and the level of engineering that's gone into them shows there's a lot more to it than just the HIDs themselves. With the self levelling and washers, built into the headlight itself, it's no wonder that replacement units are £400 each!

F's and TF's aren't new. This we know. You could probably buy one for less than those lights cost. The upgrade I did cost 25 quid and thousands have been legally sold in the UK. They're a doddle to fit. What's not to like?

Those lights allowed me to see further and lit the road ahead more clearly for me to view. That folks, amounts to an increase in safety for all. Well, that's the way I see it anyhow. Excuse the pun. :broon:

My clio sports has factory fitted, officially recognised xenons. Call them 'legal' if it makes you feel better. Anyway, I'll go video the lights and upload how they look here for us all to see once it's dark. Should be interesting. :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Videos added.

Xenon Conversion discussion. 10 years 11 months ago #119065

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
illegal 1) adj. in violation of statute, regulation or ordinance, which may be criminal or merely not in conformity. Thus, an armed robbery is illegal, and so is an access road which is narrower than the county allows, but the violation is not criminal.

And you say thousands have been sold legally in the UK when The DfT deems it illegal to sell them for road use?

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here. You have made the decision to fit them and you like them, that is your business, and anyone who knows all the ins and outs of the whole HID legality issues and decides to fit them are in the same position, but I feel some of the info you are passing on to other members is, at the best, a little misleading.

Xenon Conversion discussion. 10 years 11 months ago #119069

I don't see how the info I'm passing on is misleading Clive. It's factual, real and available to take or leave as the members please. I'm merely showing the members the benefits of fitting this mod. They're all adults and can make their own informed decisions on whether they fit them or not. Others are free to argue against it as they see fit. I, myself, thought the pros far outweighed the cons. The choice to fit or not will be theirs alone.

Anyway, as promised, here's a video of factory fitted, 'legal' xenon headlights. They seem much brighter than the 'after-market' fit I did.

The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsmgf

Xenon Conversion discussion. 10 years 11 months ago #119073

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Bugger just fitted my new fancy lights.

Xenon Conversion discussion. 10 years 11 months ago #119085

Bugger just fitted my new fancy lights.

What lights did you fit Daz? Any better? Any pics? Recommended or not?

And you say thousands have been sold legally in the UK when The DfT deems it illegal to sell them for road use?

Xenon hid kit mgf.

Xenon hid kit mgtf.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Info added.

Xenon Conversion discussion. 10 years 11 months ago #119532

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Lightweight.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by cjj.

Xenon Conversion discussion. 10 years 11 months ago #119538

Good lord, I've seen the light!:rofl:
David
:shrug:

Xenon Conversion discussion. 10 years 11 months ago #119544

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I couldn't even make out the road at the end. Too much light.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT