Sign In   Register

Topic

MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57289

The MGF Register will be marking the London 2012 Olympics with a special event beginning in July.
Taking inspiration from the Olympic Torch relay currently heading across the UK the Register will be doing something very similar but using an MGF/TF hard top instead of a flaming torch!

The event will be in aid of the Register’s charity for 2012, Whizz-Kidz, and we’ll be asking entrants to make a minimum £10 donation using our Just Giving web page as their entry “fee” to take part. The hard top, which has been kindly donated by Church Square Autos, sporting Register and Whizz-Kidz logos begins its journey on July 22nd at the CSA showroom in Shepperton. From there it will be passed on to entrants in the South East and then move on to the next of the MGF Register regions. The exact route won’t be known until closer to the date once we know where all the entrants live! Our hope is to get it to as many corners of the UK as we can with the help of MGCC members. There will be a “blog” here on our forum where photos can be posted of its progress and the places the Hard Top has visited en route. We aim for it to be back in Surrey again on the 9th September, which is the closing date of the Paralympics.

You do need an MGF orTF to take part in this new Olympic style event as you’ll have trouble fitting it to any other type of MG!.

The hardtop currently has plenty of offers of carriers around the south, up into the midlands and up in Scotland, but there are huge gaps in the north midlands and northern England. The hardtop needs to go both up to Scotland and back down again, so we are looking for as many offers of help to do this as we can find. If you have not already got involved and would like to take part in this project or if you are interested in getting involved please contact the MGF Register on www.mgfregister.org as soon as possible.....
Many thanks in anticipation.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57294

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
This sounds like a very worthy cause and I'm sure the Northen folk won't let the MG family down.

Just to help people who may have holidays booked or other commitments; what date range are you expecting to need people in the North Midlands or Northern England?

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57297

You not involved the MGOC groups then to help????

MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57305

• M055Y
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • The one who always wears his united shirts
Different idea :broon:

| 2002 MGTF135 in Skyline White | 16" 11 spoke alloy wheels in gloss black | LE500 front bumper | AP Brakes | BAS Hood | Mike Satur Black Roll Hoops and glass windbreak | Longlife cat back exhaust system | ZnF tweaked | Piano Black detailing |

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57308

I like this idea... Ill have a nosey, especially being one of the few volcanos... The colour clash could be outstanding haha

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57310

• Visitor
  • Visitor

You not involved the MGOC groups then to help????

Hi Bryan, this was my idea earlier this year, ...its a wonderful cause and I thought a 'GREAT WACKY' way of raising funds... :woohoo:

and must not forget the warm welcome to 'Redbeard'...who does so much for the MGCC F register have you also made a post on .org? hopefully TIM will bring some application forms to the SE MGF Register Teddybear picnic this weekend, may well have some recruits from that.

Last edit: Post by .

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57317

Anyone can take part...MGOC, MGCC, or non-members, really the only specifications are that you make a contribution to the charity and that you have an MG F or TF to take part as the hardtop cannot be fixed to anything else......even though a ZTT load area might be big enough to carry one!! :coat: :coat:
I know it rather goes against "the top down regardless" concept but at the end of the day, it is a good cause...

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57318

Ive put a form in to do a leg :)

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57323

we could be interested Simon but it depends on the

ive filled in a form hopefully we wont be in Italy when its up this way

Last edit: Post by pendle lass.

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57381

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Anyone going to the Spitfire,Merlin and Motors event at Duxford Imperial War Museum, Duxford, Cambs 5th August 2012 that would like to do this, I could bring the Hardtop for you ..PLEASE register first and let me or Tim know...

Last edit: Post by .

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57382

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Update
Wednesday 4th July 2012

For the latest news from Tim...MGCC F Register click here.

....18 days to go !!!!

The sign on sheet will be at Lullingstone John ! Hopefully we'll get a few more there to spin it around the South East.

We've just got six cars signed up in Lincolnshire thanks to our reps Geoff & Viki Edge there so can get from Yorkshire to East Anglia without too much problem - still have a BIG gap from Lancashire to Scotland though - anyone in Cumbria , Yorkshire or Northumberland ?

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Highlighted :)

Re: MGF Register hardtop Relay 11 years 9 months ago #57473

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

Anyone going to the Spitfire,Merlin and Motors event at Duxford Imperial War Museum, Duxford, Cambs 5th August 2012 that would like to do this, I could bring the Hardtop for you ..PLEASE register first and let me or Tim know...

I could bring it back...!

But possibly going up to Swindon, then Devon, then Stratford-upon-Avon, then Glossop (MGFnTFBitz run) within the next 2 weeks!

-=Visit my Website!=-

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT