Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

AP calipers, 304mm discs and 16" Hairpins? 11 years 10 months ago #53150

Okay the internet suggests that to get AP 4-pot calipers and big discs behind 16 inch hairpins, a wheel spacer is necessary, or some suggest grinding a bit off the calipers.

Has anyone here actually performed this upgrade to an F and did you have to fit spacers? What size of spacers please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: AP calipers, 304mm discs and 16" Hairpins? 11 years 10 months ago #53165

Hi Tikka, Have you had a nose through the brakes section in the how to guides yet?

Re: AP calipers, 304mm discs and 16" Hairpins? 11 years 10 months ago #53172

hi tikka i have AP calipers fitted on my wedgewood se mgf this has the same wheels as yours
you will need to fit 5mm spacers to allow the wheel to clear the caliper
also if you have any balancing weights fitted inside the rims you will have to get these moved as they clash with the calpier
i took mine to my localkwikfit and they moved them and rebalanced them for a nominal sum i.e.drink for the fitter
hope this helps(picture added below)

also this has made no handling problems with the car but the brakes are fantastic now

cheers
joe

<a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb464/joedowsett/Dustys%20%20latest%20August%202011/?action=view&current=006.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
Live life for today and worry about tomorrow when it happens !!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: AP calipers, 304mm discs and 16" Hairpins? 11 years 10 months ago #53177

Yes Leigh thanks I have. Got the page open and studied. Very useful and helpful.

Re: AP calipers, 304mm discs and 16" Hairpins? 11 years 10 months ago #53178

Hi Dusty, you here too - and with 2 cars? That's just flash! hahaha :woohoo: :drive: :drive: :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT