Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGtf Alarm troubles 11 years 11 months ago #51193

First of all I have searched the forums and can't find the answer to this, so here's asking the Guru's.
I have a MGtf 115 and the alarm has just started playing up. Normally I lock with the key and the indicators flash and alarm sets. When returning to car switch alarm off with fob and unlock with key.
Yesterday locked car with key and went into house (didn't check if indicators flashed) This morning went to switch off alarm with fob and no flash? set alarm with fob and it worked so unset with fob, unlocked with key and drove to work.
At work locked with key and no flash - set alarm with fob and started to walk away - Alarm started to sound!
de-activate with fob, check doors boot bonnet reactivate with fob and after a few secs Alarm sounds again!

Any ideas people?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGtf Alarm troubles 11 years 11 months ago #51199

Hi Saint, unless someone posts a definitive answer on this experience, try changing the fob battery, even for just elimination purposes.

Or, have you already tried that?

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: MGtf Alarm troubles 11 years 11 months ago #51202

Hi Leigh, Just done that this lunchtime - still the same.

Re: MGtf Alarm troubles 11 years 11 months ago #51203

I googled your problem and got a few similar results, mostly occurring when it rained hard. Some were door catches, some were new software download upgrades which switched off the alarm circuit. There's more if you search google.

Hopefully, someone might have more ideas soon. Good luck.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT