Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50442

Hi Guys,
I thought i would flag this one up it is a car with some very sad memories known a lot on .org and i would not like to see anybody here end up with this. PLEASE AVOID.

2009 MG TF 135 LE 500 BLACK
Completed
Live life for today and worry about tomorrow when it happens !!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50444

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I don't understand why people should be warned away from it.

I know the story, and it is sad, but it is only a car and if it is repaired properly I don't see why it doesn't deserve a loving home. :dunno:

I would be more worried about the cash on collection bit.

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50445

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Morning Joe ..
Not being on .org I do not know the story :nonod:
Could you enlighten me :-?

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50447

i agree with your sentiment if it's such a great car though why has it been sold on so many times clive if it was truly that much of a bargain it would stop traveling the length of the country

please remember this car was also in Ramsgate where i live at the same general price

i dont believe that cars should be broken unless they are totally dead but this one stinks

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50448

Morning Joe ..

hi jan i have not got any links for the story maybe clive could help a little with the outline history without going into too much

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50450

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Joe at that sort of price it should not need any repairs whatsoever :omg:

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50451

To be honest just in general buying terms the alarm bells should start to tinkle with the fact that:

1) 09 plate and starting at such a cheap price. I know this is an auction and could go for more. But is Dusty says it was sold near him for the same price - why so cheap for such a lovely looking car. :-?

2) only 2-3yrs old and had Three PREVIOUS owners already. not the usual MG demographic of owners who usually keep their cars, and as I say only 2-3 yrs old??? :nonod:

3) Again three PREVIOUS Owners already and only done 15000 miles, if it was a 2 owner or 1 owner with 15K OK, a 2nd car will probably only have around this, If it was registered as a demo car the 1st owner would be the garage which would be as bad :dry:

So just on the initial facts and figures I would have some questions to start asking.

Namely Joe: Please let you know the story. I have never been on .org, only the F Register and here and I am intrigued as to what has happened with this poor car in such a short lifetime. :-? :-? :-?

Although on Paper I agree with Clive. If it is Cat D I would request one of the single inspection tests which Cat C need (I think), if it passes that then all should be OK.
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB

Last edit: Post by Gadget2466.

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50452

Joe at that sort of price it should not need any repairs whatsoever :omg:

Jan this car was a write off two years ago the value of the car would probably been in the region of £10K how much damage would of had to be done to warrant writing it off ???

to my knowledge this car has been sold on at least three to four times in my short mg life so i think there must be a problem somewhere with it

just trying to make people aware of the cars history not its first owner

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50454

To be honest just in general buying terms the alarm bells should start to tinkle with the fact that:

1) 09 plate and starting at such a cheap price. I know this is an auction and could go for more. But is Dusty says it was sold near him for the same price - why so cheap for such a lovely looking car. :-?

2) only 2-3yrs old and had Three PREVIOUS owners already. not the usual MG demographic of owners who usually keep their cars, and as I say only 2-3 yrs old??? :nonod:

3) Again three PREVIOUS Owners already and only done 15000 miles, if it was a 2 owner or 1 owner with 15K OK, a 2nd car will probably only have around this, If it was registered as a demo car the 1st owner would be the garage which would be as bad :dry:

So just on the initial facts and figures I would have some questions to start asking.

Namely Joe: Please let you know the story. I have never been on .org, only the F Register and here and I am intrigued as to what has happened with this poor car in such a short lifetime. :-? :-? :-?

Although on Paper I agree with Clive. If it is Cat D I would request one of the single inspection tests which Cat C need (I think), if it passes that then all should be OK.

Hi as i said i would not like to give people the wrong information as to the sad story behind this car only to say it has been passed around more times than i can remember thriugh some very shady looking dealers
sorry if this seems harsh but i wouldnt want to see any members on here let down by a so called bargain

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50455

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
The car used to belong to an Army lad known as TobyLE500 on .org.

The car was crashed, don't know the circumstances, but Toby was killed shortly after (not connected) when he was struck by a train.

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Family-mourns-tragic-soldier-killed-train/story-12001512-detail/story.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: dusty mgf

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50456

Morning Joe ..

hi jan i have not got any links for the story maybe clive could help a little with the outline history without going into too much

Go on Clive, tell us a story. We are all sitting comfortably.... :yesnod:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB

Re: ( Warning ) for any bargain hunters out there 11 years 11 months ago #50457

The car used to belong to an Army lad known as TobyLE500 on .org.

The car was crashed, don't know the circumstances, but Toby was killed shortly after (not connected) when he was struck by a train.

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Family-mourns-tragic-soldier-killed-train/story-12001512-detail/story.html

thanks clive as said i dont want to dredge up the sad news about toby but just wanted to make other members aware of the cars iffy history

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.968 seconds