Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

22nd April event 12 years 3 weeks ago #45611

I was out in the sunshine yesterday morning, when I could have been at home watching JP giving MG a winning return to motorsport, organising a run for "National Drive It Day". The idea is to get out there with your car and to have a run in the countryside. So, anybody with nothing better to do that day, is cordially invited to join us at the Bunbury Arms, Stoak, Cheshire, CH2 4HW , not far from Cheshire Oaks from 10.30 for a run around the North Wales countryside which will include the Horseshoe Pass and the so called Evo Triangle. Please let us know if you are comig on the day, and watch out for sniper penguines hidden in the undergrowth!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MartinW

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 3 weeks ago #45616

• Visitor
  • Visitor
2 hours 20 minutes from me, however, how long will the run be :-?
and where will we finish :-?

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 3 weeks ago #45627

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Life is too short to keep worrying about runs being too far ~ Like the advert says Just Do It

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 3 weeks ago #45629

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Ahem young man I was up at 4am on Sunday, 400 miles and did not get home till 7pm, it's not the distance that bothers me, it's being the sole driver, so I like to get an idea of how many hours my brain has to be active for .. :pinch:

Mutters in indignation

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 3 weeks ago #45632

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
:-?

Take a friend ~ problem solved :woohoo:

If you can't find one just take one of your long suffering neighbours so they can see hear what a TT No.4 and topless driving is all about :bust:

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 3 weeks ago #45637

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I do take a friend, I just will not let anyone else drive my car :P

And my neighbour's were not impressed with my TT wake up call on Sunday morning ;)

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 3 weeks ago #45649

It runs to about 100 miles, finishing at a cafe on the A5. From there, you have the choice of running down to either Bala, or Betws-y-coed both of which are within 10 miles, or returning home. If you would like to join us somewhere along the route, please let me know and I will send details of where we are going.

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 3 weeks ago #45653

Nice one Simon we have planned doing the Evo triangle/Lanberis Pass either later in the year or next Spring with an overnighter.

We are being a bit picky with our runs this year with doing the Italian run in less than 18 weeks :woohoo:

22nd April event 12 years 1 week ago #46778

• M055Y
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • The one who always wears his united shirts
Mmmm I'll check my rota!

| 2002 MGTF135 in Skyline White | 16" 11 spoke alloy wheels in gloss black | LE500 front bumper | AP Brakes | BAS Hood | Mike Satur Black Roll Hoops and glass windbreak | Longlife cat back exhaust system | ZnF tweaked | Piano Black detailing |

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 1 week ago #46793

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
Would love to join - some beautiful countryside you'll be driving through! Sadly can't make it :nonod: but please organise another soon when I am able to drive again!

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 1 week ago #47214

Just a reminder about our run on Sunday, the timescale is as follows....as always, this is an MG event, so all timings are approximate, we owners always stand round chatting when we should be driving!!

Meet at the Bunbury Arms for 10.30 for bacon butties and coffee (£3.50 from the pub), drive out in the general direction of Wrexham, over the moors above Minera, round the old Horseshoe pass and a break at the Ponderosa cafe, approx an hour after leaving the Bunbury Arms. From there, we will head out over the Denbeigh moors for the Evo Triangle, from Cerrigidriddion, towards the Sportsmans Arms, which currently is closed, towards Pentrefoylas and back onto the A5. From there, we will stop at the Country Cooks cafe for a final break before heading off to your choice of Bala, Betws-y-Coed, or Ruthin. if you would like to join us either at the start or somewhere along the route please let me know....

Re: 22nd April event 12 years 1 week ago #47233

Have you registered the run?

http://fbhvc.co.uk/drive-it-day-2012/

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT