Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45508

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Fight

Noooooooooo :(

RACE

I like to be controversial, especially when stuck in on a Saturday night due to a 4am start :nonod:

For Arundel :woohoo:

I do like TF's, Johns was gorgeous, I just do not like to think of them as an option for upgrade against an F !!
From what I have been told they are two very different cars with regard to handling suspension etc, however I could be wrong, so feel free to try and correct me again ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by .

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45542

Rich, I second your comments, got it in one, very well put. We must all remember that if BMW had their way and MGR had not ignored their instructions , there would not be any Fs or TFs :omg:

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45547

This is the problem because our cars are now cheap to buy but often when you buy cheap, all you get is problems! I have the same situation with my 1998 Freelander, its probably worth £1k on a good day and if anything expensive went wrong with it, the advice would be to scrap it but its worth far more to me. Crazy thing is, if it were a Defender, the same age of vehicle would be worth at least £4k and everyone would advise fixing it :unsure:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45556

All true, MM! :yesnod:

It's looking like a rear sphere failure at the moment.(mid strip down).

That spring conversion kit is looking good, suddenly! :whistle:

Brown & Gammons have reduced their price for the complete SUPLEX kit to £795 including VAT

Pocket Motors have also got a new kit looks like a cross between the Suplex and Aus kit, i think it is around £500 but dont know if that includes the shocks.

Have not got firm prices yet but the Oz kit looks like it could be over £1000 for the springs (including carriage) plus the shocks.

Hope this helps :yesnod:

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45558

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

Fight

Noooooooooo :(

RACE

I like to be controversial, especially when stuck in on a Saturday night due to a 4am start :nonod:

For Arundel :woohoo:

I do like TF's, Johns was gorgeous, I just do not like to think of them as an option for upgrade against an F !!
From what I have been told they are two very different cars with regard to handling suspension etc, however I could be wrong, so feel free to try and correct me again ...

Well having only had a F for a day because of some idiot cutting me up I can't really comment on the F's handling except like a TF in the snow is a NO NO.

I think if you pulled up at the side of me with your growling exhaust you'd win. I tried and failed to race a TT quattro the other day but won a RS Turbo. I like being a steady eddie as i don't want to break it.

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45569

:( are you fixed now david???

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45571

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I found fluid dripping from the nearside rear sphere.

Currently, Jet Black is on axle stands and all four spheres and dampers are off.

What could this mean? :-? ;)
David
:shrug:

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45574

• Visitor
  • Visitor

This is the problem because our cars are now cheap to buy but often when you buy cheap, all you get is problems! I have the same situation with my 1998 Freelander, its probably worth £1k on a good day and if anything expensive went wrong with it, the advice would be to scrap it but its worth far more to me. Crazy thing is, if it were a Defender, the same age of vehicle would be worth at least £4k and everyone would advise fixing it :unsure:

I have a Freelander and love it, 2003 I think, but I would be lost without her, paid 2,000 for her 2 years ago and was shocked at how much car for so little money, headgasket had been done etc, all I have bought is a set of snow tyres, mates rates £200ish instead of £400 and a new slave cylinder :broon:

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45575

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Lets hope that's the end of Jet Black's woes for a while, the last few months have seen her off the road for far too long.

The upside is she is going to be in tip top condition for summer 2012 :woohoo:

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45579

I found fluid dripping from the nearside rear sphere.

Currently, Jet Black is on axle stands and all four spheres and dampers are off.

What could this mean? :-? ;)

You have bit the bullet and are fitting the spring conversion kit.
But which one I wonder?

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45580

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Well it's ordered anyway.
Suplex kit on the way.
[attachment:1]suplex.JPG[/attachment]
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Oh rats... 12 years 1 month ago #45581

Well it's ordered anyway.
Suplex kit on the way.

I think you have taken the best course of action, i presume that you will be doing one of your usual excellent "how to's" which will be good to compare with the one done by Roger Parker MGOC when he fitted the kit to his F last year.

I spoke to Roger at Stoneleigh, about his kit and he rekons it is one of the best jobs he has done on the car :woohoo:

Look forward to updates on progress :hugs:

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT