Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

bit of help needed please.... 12 years 1 month ago #42321

just got the 85th back as I posted earlier, but now there is a little problem.....
I fitted a bluetooth aftermarket cd/radio which has worked fine for about 18 months before the accident, but now is silent. Everything appears to work, the multiplug is connected, the unit pairs with my iphone but on phone/radio/cd/bt there is no sound, even though the display is showing that the unit is trying. Is the a fuse somewhere just for the speakers that may have blown, or is there something else that I ought to be looking for? I can think of any particular reason why the speakers should have been disconnected as the repair work should not have affected anything to do with them as it was all exernal....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: bit of help needed please.... 12 years 1 month ago #42323

ok no sound
if the head powers up ect but you get no sound then there are 2 or 3 possible answers

1) one of the speaker wires touched the ground wire or chassy when switched on this will short out the amp and blow the output stage up

2) the multiplug (ISO) speaker connection has come lose so you have power but no speakers connected

3) the unit has got damp and when powered up some part of the pcb inside had failed (short circuit )

4) possible bad connection to the battery thus not enough amps are flowing to alow the amp to work

the amp is inbuilt into the head unit

check the wireing at the head unit just in case it came loose in the accident if there was one

just a thought

if the car has had some welding done and the battry was not disconected then the voltage would rise to about 80V thus blowing the head unit
if the head unit was sub £50 i very doubt it will have much protection against miss connection or if it is not a well known make like pioneer sony kenwood ect
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)

Last edit: Post by MGF MARK.

Re: bit of help needed please.... 12 years 1 month ago #42338

Sounds possibly....as I said, everything appears to be working on the face of it, but that is not to say that something hasnt blown in the set itself. I have unplugged the power and speaker plugs and reconnected them again so they should be ok......

Last edit: Post by redbeard57.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT