Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47512

You can also get clear vinyl wrap for stone protection but with the complex shape of the MGF bumper you would certainly need someone who knows what he/she is doing to apply it and it would cost a lot more than the Plastidip. I have done a Trophy rear spoiler in vinyl and it's not as simple as the Youtube videos make you think! :nonod:
My concerm with the clear Plastidip is the quality of finish you would get. You would have to be very careful to avoid dust or an orange peel finish as they would just make it look like a bad paint job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47551

I still think that it's a brilliant idea, a T-Bar first and a great inexpensive way of changing your cars look. If it only lasted a year and you peeled it off, people would think that you'd bought another car. You might even fool yourself into thinking that you had a new paintjob, even if only for a little while. :)

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47556

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Leigh it's the new paint job I want to protect :yesnod:

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47575

It may be worth trying the clear on part of your old paintjob to see how it turns out.
In a matt finish the stuff looks super but a gloss finish will show up any flaws.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47577

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Flaws, Madam will be flawless ;)

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #48380

if your having it re-sprayed and want to protect it, armour fend is really the best option, although its often about £5-800 for a full car protection...

http://www.armourfend.co.uk/armourfend-for-cars

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 days ago #50128

I say....................................sue them.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.arrinera.com/en/gallery/1-photos

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 11 months ago #51178

Well after a £150 paint effect and a few bits and pieces my car has now appeared in a reputable car magazine!

Am a bit taken aback, but very proud of the change. Made all the much sweeter by knowing that I can reverse it at any time I want, handy for those police chases.....

http://www.mgenthusiast.com/index.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 11 months ago #51238

Awesome! and great news for the T-Bar! Nice one Darren. :broon:

MG Enthusiast magazine.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 11 months ago #51247

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Plus one, well done Darren :broon:

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT