Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52672

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

Well I'm sorry Hari, but someone is going to have to jump on your schoolboy error of not renaming the picture used :oops:

Doh :slapme: Homer moment!

-=Visit my Website!=-
The topic has been locked.

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52698

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
1952 - beginning of Elizabeth II's reign:
27 November 1952: TD Mark IIs start being fitted with "MARK II" bumper badges (TD/C22613 onwards).

1977 - Elizabeth's Silver Jubilee, to which I presume you are referring:
A rear anti-roll bar was made standard equipment on all models of MGB Roadster.

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52700

The MK 2 TD change metioned by Hari is probably correct but the Queen's tin anniversary would have fallen in 1962 when a revised badge was fitted to the MG1100 and MGB which comprised a black and chrome MG logo on a red shield-shaped background. This badge being originally fitted to the Midget in 1961 as per the following quote from the MGCC web site :-

"From 1961, simplified version of the MG badge appeared on the grille of the new MG Midget and, from 1962, the MG1100 and MGB which comprised a black and chrome MG logo on a red shield-shaped background"
Last edit: Post by alanrt54.

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52703

I could kick myself for not reading the whole of the article on MG badges before my last post. If I had included the preceding paragraph of the quote from the article it gives more information:-

"The 1930s saw MG development reach fever pitch, and although there were many changes of direction along the way, the MG badge remained largely unchanged until 1952. In that year when Morris merged with Austin of Longbridge - MG launched a new version of the TD Midget, known as the Series II, and the MG badge was changed from brown and cream to black and white, a subtle change that is easily overlooked by MG fans. The new black and white colour was retained with the introduction of the MG TF Midget in1953 and for the dramatically new MG Series MGA of 1955, as well as the MG Magnette in its various post-war guises.

From 1961, simplified version of the MG badge appeared on the grille of the new MG Midget and, from 1962, the MG1100 and MGB which comprised a black and chrome MG logo on a red shield-shaped background. Elsewhere on MG bodywork the MG badge sometimes appeared as a simple chrome octagonal ring and letters set against the painted bodywork simple and stylish, but a pain to clean!"

As well as a Mark 2 badge on the bumper the TD the MG badge changed from brown and cream to black and white so the correct answer is
1. In 1952 the badge was changed from brown and cream to black and white.
2. For 1962 the badge was changed to black and chrome on a red shield shaped background.

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52707

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

I could kick myself for not reading the whole of the article on MG badges before my last post..... so the correct answer is
1. In 1952 the badge was changed from brown and cream to black and white.
2. For 1962 the badge was changed to black and chrome on a red shield shaped background.

:woohoo: alanrt54 well done, thought I was going to need to post clues for a minute there.

The 'Tin' Jubilee was of course 10 years after Queen Elizabeth's reign commenced in 1952.
Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52721

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

:woohoo: alanrt54 well done, thought I was going to need to post clues for a minute there.

The 'Tin' Jubilee was of course 10 years after Queen Elizabeth's reign commenced in 1952.

Just shows my lack of knowledge :oops:

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52725

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

:slapme: By no stretch of the imagination could you ever be described as having a lack of knowledge. It's only easy when you know the answer.

Your record speaks for itself and I am just glad I have a big head start on you in the pie :lol:

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52728

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

:slapme: By no stretch of the imagination could you ever be described as having a lack of knowledge.

Aw shucks :oops: Thanks Paul :hugs:

It's only easy when you know the answer.

Or leave the answer in the question :slapme:

Your record speaks for itself and I am just glad I have a big head start on you in the pie :lol:

I might catch you up one day...

-=Visit my Website!=-
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52794

We all know MG Live 2012 will take place on 23rd to 24th June.But there will be another MG Live later this year.

1. Who is organising it?

2. What type of event is it?

3. How many take place each year?

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52801

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
Oh dear :dry:

'Mature Gaming Live' happens twice a year, the next being held in September, dates yet to be finalised. Organised by 'mature-gaming.com' it is "a chance to meet the gamers you're online with every day" so computer games event - XBox, PS etc.

-=Visit my Website!=-
Last edit: Post by tui.

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52812

Well done. The computer game event is called a "LAN Party".

Re: MG Quiz 11 years 11 months ago #52813

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
I hope never to have to research and answer a similar question :slapme:

Sticking with the them, name another MG Live.

-=Visit my Website!=-
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT