Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The dangers of motor sport 12 years 6 months ago #29965

Im not sure if this is where this should be posted but I am going to do it anyway.

As this is a motoring forum and I am a follower of car and motorcycle sport I would like to express my sadness at the loss of Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli who have died in the last week. My thoughts go out to the familys.

It brings it home how dangerous 2 and 4 wheels can be.

Rest in peace lads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tigger, Dieter, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: The dangers of motor sport 12 years 6 months ago #29966

It's always a loss when someone goes unexpectedly. But when involved in pushing the boundaries in life and sport, it's sometimes an inevitable consequence. It's part of the morbid attraction, albeit subliminal, for us who pay to watch it. Death defiance is always curiously stimulating. Steve Irwin springs to mind. My heart goes out to their families.

Rest in peace, see you on the other side. :(

Re: The dangers of motor sport 12 years 6 months ago #29968

rest in peace , i have had experienced loss like this with a mate on a motorbike, who would have made pro :(
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: The dangers of motor sport 12 years 6 months ago #29970

Not a good week on the track. :(

Dan Wheldon was an inevitable tradgedy - that many cars on that size track was bound to end badly for someone. The governing body should never have allowed that situation to arise.

Marco Simoncelli was just terribly unlucky. The 2nd similar incident in MotoGP in the last year or so. I am an avid fan of MotoGP and Simoncelli came across as such a funny guy who I always hoped would make a name for himself at the highest level but too many crashes unfortunately caught up with him in the worst possible way.

These guys live on the edge by choice, and all know the risks, but that doesn't make it any less of a tradgedy when this sort of thing happens. :nonod:

Rest In Peace.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT